Where Did You See Keynote, How Big Was Your Crowd?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

"I went to the Rockingham store (Salem, NH). At first (around 12:50) there were only about 10 people so I got a seat on the bench. Being my first "Stevenote" I was mesmerized to the screen (Finally got to experience the RDF first hand). When he did his dig on Longhorn I heard a lot more people laugh than I was expecting, Turned around and there were probably 30-40 people there."

I don't know about 30 or 40, but at 12:45, it was standing room only. I had to stand.

I got to the Rockingham store at 12:25 and got a seat on the bench, by 12:45 all the Seats were gone I counted 21 people and when the keynote started I counted about 34 people along with every staff member (except fo the two who had to watch the front door.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Was going to go to the Grove but went to Pasadena instead. Must have been 50-100 people there.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I was at The Grove in LA. I got there late and I missed about half of it. It was pretty cool except the guy who got all uptight about me kneeling next to him.

What a whiner.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    speaking of annoying audience members... if anyone was at the SoHo store early enough to see the OS X.2 demo... sorry about talking on my cell phone during the introduction... heh the guy giving the presentation had to ask me to leave...
  • Reply 25 of 35
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

speaking of annoying audience members... if anyone was at the SoHo store early enough to see the OS X.2 demo... sorry about talking on my cell phone during the introduction... heh the guy giving the presentation had to ask me to leave...

did he really? i didn't even notice

that guy was an ass anyways.

btw, JON AND BRAD, remove this damn 2 minute period thingmajig.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    My room. 3 of us, my brother, friend, and me.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

did he really? i didn't even notice

that guy was an ass anyways.

btw, JON AND BRAD, remove this damn 2 minute period thingmajig.

i dont think you were there yet... it was like 11 (I got to soho around 9 and gave up looking for a free space around 9:30, I found a meter but the prospect of running out every hour seemed like a real pain in the ass... in retrospect it woulda been cheaper to pay someone to stay by the car to keep the meter filled... that or just take the parking ticket...
  • Reply 28 of 35
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

i dont think you were there yet... it was like 11 (I got to soho around 9 and gave up looking for a free space around 9:30, I found a meter but the prospect of running out every hour seemed like a real pain in the ass... in retrospect it woulda been cheaper to pay someone to stay by the car to keep the meter filled... that or just take the parking ticket...

hmmm... i got there at I guess 10:30 or 10:40 id imagine.... not sure.

o well.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I was at The Grove in LA. I got there late and I missed about half of it. It was pretty cool except the guy who got all uptight about me kneeling next to him.

What a whiner.

hahahahahaha

• Reply 30 of 35
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    I was @ Soho, placed was packed.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

uhg.... Pizzeria Uno was good afterwards...

You really haven't had Uno's pizza until you've had the original in Chicago. It's only a few blocks from the Michigan Ave. store, too.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Palo Alto:300 people.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BodhiThe Grove in Los Angeles. Pretty good crowd except the idiot who came in at about the middle of the keynote and was sitting on his knees next to me totally invading my personal space.

Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

What a whiner.

I was also at the grove! Have way thru, some guy squeezed into this puny space between me & a guy sitting on a chair (I was on the left aisle of the far left side). He was breathing so hard, I could barely hear Jobs speak.

Anywho, I was surprised to see so many people when I got there (15 minutes before 10am).

It was cool how Jobs kept showing the "L.A. store / the grove" when he was mentioning the Apple Stores. The crowd in our store responded everytime they/we saw the store's photo.

Overall, not so bad. Worth my $2 parking fee
  • Reply 34 of 35
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Tek Solutions in KC.

20-25 people (mostly consultants, developers, admins and trainers).
  • Reply 35 of 35
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,563member
    My wife and I went to the Palo Alto store. It was about a third full. Good crowd. It is always fun to be in a crowd that gets the techy jokes.