Safari 1.0 QUITS on me!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I'm talking to you via Internet Exploder to tell you about my troubles. Safari seems to be quitting every time I even do something remotely strange... inputting text in to google *CRASH*, trying to post on AI *BAM* ... it all seems to be related to inputting text... I can type about 2 letters... then I get the spinning wheel of death (SWOD) and it quits.

I've tried reinstalling... but the same thing happens.

What do you suggest? Deleting the cache? Deleting the Safari prefs? ????

Thanks ahead of time.

-Bio

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sempersemper Posts: 2member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

... it all seems to be related to inputting text... I can type about 2 letters... then I get the spinning wheel of death (SWOD) and it quits.

-Bio

Uh, ... stop inputting text?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Safari 1.0 seems to be going the way of iMovie 3. Not ready for prime time. Not even close. It's still a beta no matter what they call it.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    do you have any hacks installed? IE pithhelmet
  • Reply 3 of 7
    robsterrobster Posts: 256member
    I'd just delete the prefs file from User/name/Library/Preferences
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Paul - No hacks.

robster - I tried that just now, but it didn't help me.

I'm so sad...

Any other ideas?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Hey! I found the solution! I installed Panther and now it works GREAT!

-Bio
  • Reply 6 of 7
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Hmmm... I'll have to give that Panther-installing a shot.

Safari doesn't crash on me, BTW.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Me too, and yes while inputing text to Google. It kept crashing consistently but I had stuff working so I couldn't log out, it did this 10 or 15 times. When I had the opportunity I restarted and haven't seen it since. Once with only Safari open I had a visit from Colonel Panic!!!! I sent a Feedback to Apple because this is the ONLY time OS X has crashed without SMB on. Owwww. Safari keeps getting buggier. It still has that weird rendering problem where if you scroll down text and pictures get messed up and you have to scroll up and back down or drag something over the area to fix it. Anyone else seen that?