Steve's Macworld speech

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    I just like the part of the keynote where he smashes watermelons.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    You forgot the part where Phil Schiller comes out jumping around stage and screaming at the top of his lungs like a crazed gorilla on an acid trip gone bad, with the pit stains and everything.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    vr6vr6 Posts: 77member
    I'd just like to say that unless these "Apple" scooters are twice as fast as the existing scooters, feature technology that's only been rumoured about in Star Trek and are half the cost of the competition, I'm going to take my money elsewhere.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    macmediamacmedia Posts: 152member
    Hey, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a Segway (scooter) being used in the real world?

I know there are some companies trying them out.

Here's a <a href="http://www.segway.com/segway/early_adopters.html"; target="_blank">list</a> from Segway.com.

Ptrash, thanks for the laugh.

Chas
  • Reply 25 of 31
    In an effort to keep the thread from being locked...

What's sad is that I can see most of that happening, up till the part where steve walks off.

He might apologize and then just move on, hey look a 933 iBook, whoopee (!).

I would rather he introduce a new PowerMac with 4 harddrives.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    :cough:

[quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:

He might apologize and then just move on, hey look a 933 iBook, whoopee (!).

I would rather he introduce a new PowerMac with 4 harddrives.<hr></blockquote>

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 27 of 31
    allall Posts: 27member
    Don't we need to hear a spiel from every one of the 3,000,000,000,000 new major software corporations who are absolutely gung ho about Jagoff, I mean Jaguar, as well? That should steal time away from his big announcements, or lack thereof.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Seriously, I've never been to A MacWorld, let alone a keynote (and I've lived in SF and NYC all my adult life) so I don't know if there's any opportunity for interaction with the Apple bigwigs. Although I do recall reading a post somewhere that referred to "Steve's testy reply" to an attendee's question. Assuming there is some give and take, I don't see why people should take another dissappointing show (assuming the new PMs are a let down) in stride, without at least letting Apple know we are UNHAPPY. And that we don't buy into their RDF! And that we want to know what they're gonna do about this situation. I mean, what other opportunity do mere mortals have to get so close to Apple's head honchos? (Well, some of you might be on the Portola Valley cocktail circuit...)

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Ptrash ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 31
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Steve may apologizes about the price hike on PowerMac due to the extremely short supply of 1.13GHz processors
  • Reply 30 of 31
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Steve apologizes to Sculley and re-introduces the Newton.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Consider the grace period revoked.

And I take offense at Techno music being likened to the drum roll.