Rob Reiner votes for Dean

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
As most people know, www.moveon.org is conducting their primary to choose a progressive nominee. Rob Reiner, the acclaimed director, voted for Dean.

What's that computer he's using?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    OH mY G0d,, th1s m3ans i MUst vote for D33n!! YES!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

OH mY G0d,, th1s m3ans i MUst vote for D33n!! YES!

I guess, then, that Dean drew the short straw and will be fed to public opinion first. Followed by the rest of the losers on the potential ticket over the coming year.

"Meathead votes for Dean" would make a helluva bumper sticker.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Dean is shooting himself in the foot, it seems.

From his "I suppose that (the ouster of Hussein) is a good thing." to "I don't know the exact number, and I don't think I need to know that in order to run in the Democratic Party primary." which he followed with "That's like asking me who the ambassador to Rwanda is." I think he's a little too honest for his own good.

Which is a shame, because I like Dean so far.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    He also had a comment about him breaking into the "country club" of the beltway when in fact his son just got caught breaking into a country club to steel beer from it.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

"That's like asking me who the ambassador to Rwanda is."

Or like Andy Hiller asking then candidate Bush who the leader of Chechnya was. Dubya didn't know. Of course to Democrats that was just more evidence of Bush's not-too-sharp intellect. Something tells me the same people will simply shrug off Dean's ignorance.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zaphod_beeblebrox

Or like Andy Hiller asking then candidate Bush who the leader of Chechnya was. Dubya didn't know. Of course to Democrats that was just more evidence of Bush's not-too-sharp intellect. Something tells me the same people will simply shrug off Dean's ignorance.

More than likely.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

He also had a comment about him breaking into the "country club" of the beltway when in fact his son just got caught breaking into a country club to steel beer from it.

That was obviously on purpose. There's no other way to figure it -- he was posing. He got TWICE the usual exposure with that statement, once because he said it and then once to say "oops."

These Dem losers have some pretty sharp handlers, you betcha.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Nice spin but I don't think so.

From a report on the comment ...

Dean then asked a press aide: "Why do I say these things?"
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Nice spin but I don't think so.

Dean then asked a press aide: "Why do I say these things?"

OK, maximum spin just comes naturally to him. It's instinctual I guess. How's that any better?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zaphod_beeblebrox

Or like Andy Hiller asking then candidate Bush who the leader of Chechnya was.

Actual, the big ones that were really important to me were pakistan and India, neither of which he know. Yes, I would expect a presidential candidate to know this.

And that made 3 out of 4 of the major global hot spots he couldn't keep track of, not just 1

But I see how ignoring this helps your point.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Actual, the big ones that were really important to me were pakistan and India, neither of which he know. Yes, I would expect a presidential candidate to know this...

No, a presidential candidate doesn't need to know this. Nor does a president. What a president needs is good advisors to keep track of such things.

But I can see how pretending otherwise helps you to maintain a double standard.

As for global hot spots, roughly five times more people died as a result of the Rwandan genocide than did in the other three conflicts (Chechnya, India-Pakistan, Taiwan Straits) combined.