How much for my iMac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How much do you all figure my iMac is worth?

Lime iMac 266 128+256 RAM.

20 Gig drive.

New full sized keyboard and two button w/ wheel mouse.

Almost no software 'cept the default install. OS 9.

I'm going to put it up for sale at a UofM web site that the university has access to. I want to high ball the price a little and then come down when I get people interested.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I'll give you $50 for it. Maybe.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I'll give ya $99
  • Reply 3 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Hey! Come on now.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    $199

seriously, how much do you want for it? curious to see what the going rate for these is.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I always look to eBay for this type of thing. For instance, my model (15" iMac G4 w/ SuperDrive) seems to be hovering between $1000 and $1150, depending on remaining warranty, RAM installed, software, original packing material/manuals, etc.

I've seen it lower (base RAM, cosmetic dings, missing disks, etc.) and I've seen it higher (2 years left on warranty, 1GB RAM, loaded with Adobe or Macromedia software, etc.).

For the record, I have 512MB RAM and all the original boxes, manuals, disks, etc. And it's in excellent condition...not a scratch or ding to be seen.

Somebody wants to give me $1000 (with a minimum of hassle and nonsense) and pay for shipping, it's yours. Runs like a champ and I only use it on Sundays for light word processing and Quicken.

Just kidding...it's a champ in every way!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    composercomposer Posts: 212member
    I recently sold my 266 blueberry iMac for $295 on eBay. Mine had 384MB RAM, 6GB HD, and OS X, plus Apple Works (and the iApps).

Since yours has a 20GB hard drive, I expect that yours might go for a similar price, but the fact I had OS X on mine seemed to drive the price up compared to other iMacs on eBay.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I was thinking around $300 was right. I may list it for $400 considering the upgrades.