Anyone have the new ichat and video camera

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I don't want to sound like a creap but I really want to see what the video quality is like with the new iChat. I have a DSL connection. Anyone that would like to invite me to a video chat im me at tedruski. It is a AIM account. Thanks.

Teddy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    I'd be willing to do a demo run when I get back home after WWDC. I haven't opened my free iSight yet, but my colleague has. The preview image looks great, indoors or outdoors. I believe iChat AV uses the MPEG-4 profile for video conferencing, but I haven't confirmed that, yet.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    The auto focus alone has me interested. I like to point mine out the window to see what's going on but if its focus is set to 2 feet I can't see crap. The focus on the iBot fscking sucks.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Corralling to Digital Hub with the other iChat threads.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I have tested the new iChat. I found someone yesterday who also had a video camera. I am on cable, I am not sure what he is on, but it looked really good. I was uploading at about 30 fps and this on my cable (which has a capped upload speed)! It was impressive. The software is still buggy and I often got the beach ball.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    I've used it with my Sony DCR-TVR230 handycam. It works grrrrreat!

The guy on the other end was on a cable connection and could only put out about 15 KB/sec, but the video quality was still pretty good overall. (I have a much fatter outgoing pipe.)

• Reply 6 of 15
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I have a much fatter outgoing pipe.

Whatever you two use that camera for is your business.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Holy shit it's Macintosh!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Holy shit it's Macintosh!

Indeed he is risen.8)
  • Reply 9 of 15
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

I have a much fatter outgoing pipe.

Is that how you got to be administrator?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    You people really have nothing better to do, eh?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    I have a DV camera too, with cable...

Does anyone know how to make it so the video camera does not turn off after like three minutes? I think it does it to conserve battery, if it is not recording or playing...
  • Reply 12 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    In another thread someone said to put a blank video tape in and press record. Now why didn't you think of that?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

In another thread someone said to put a blank video tape in and press record. Now why didn't you think of that?

Uh because I do not want to waste a blank tape? They are not cheap.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    It's just one tape. When it gets to the end, hit rewind, record again.

Surely you've got a measly $5 to spare. No?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

It's just one tape. When it gets to the end, hit rewind, record again.

Surely you've got a measly $5 to spare. No?

Haha, Brad! What if this man really is as poor ar he implies with a statement like that? Well, then I guess he really isn't poor, otherwise he wouldnt be posting on a net connection with an Apple Computer.