The Best Non Alcoholic Drink on a Hot Day

Comments

• Reply 21 of 61
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

ok, murray... clam juice, crab juice... all disgusting.

honestly.

but its gotta be better than mountain dew .

from episode 4f22 (illegally retransmitted transcript from snpp):

Homer: Now what do you have to wash that awful taste out of my mouth?

Vendor: Mountain Dew or crab juice.

Homer: Blecch! Ew! Sheesh! I'll take a crab juice...
  • Reply 22 of 61
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Ah, you have a good Caesar spiced up, with a salted rim, ice, and a crisp celery stalk... you can't even really taste clams. Just pure daze-inducing bliss.

• Reply 23 of 61
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet iced tea
  • Reply 24 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Yeah,laying back an listening to him on the radio with just the slightest waft of a breeze to disturb the cool evening air.

whereas his radio work is vastly underated, i was thinking more of his work as a playwright.

they always seemed be sweltering affairs. but mostly i was making a joke because i was nicking his style of prose in my posts. it was very vivian leighish.
  • Reply 25 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I don't think they make Clamato anymore.

the hell
  • Reply 26 of 61
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Inside or out? Inside, after cooling off, hot black coffee. It could just be the extent of my addiction, but I find that it keeps me from feeling the hit of heat and humidity when I head back out. Weird.

Otherwise, real brewed Iced Tea, not form a bottle, lotsa lemon and Orange Pekoe, then a good honey to sweeten, but busy-bee in a pinch will do. Doesn't really kill the thirst if you put too much honey in it, but it tastes good.

I also find that PC brand gingerale or Coca Cola (from a glass bottle, the canned and/or plastic bottle stuff just tastes different) or root beer, any of the three, chilled to within a half degree of freezing, goes down nicely when your outside sweating.
  • Reply 27 of 61
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Bloody Caesars rule. Best hangover drink ever.
  • Reply 28 of 61
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I like water that has been seperated into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and then combined again to form scientificaly pure H2O. I feel very sophisticated drinking isolated water.
  • Reply 29 of 61
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Another good nonalcoholic drink for a hot day is grapefruit juice with some peyote. Sure, it might taste good without the hallucinogen, but what's the point of that?
  • Reply 30 of 61
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    caipirinha.

split and squeeze a lime to a big glass, add some brown sugar to taste, then a shot of cachaça and fill with ice. if you like more cachaça use more of it, if more lime or ice, more of that. can't get any better.

and then eat some of those alcohol-absorpting chips...
  • Reply 31 of 61
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    That sounds lovely. What does cachaça taste like? Rum-ish? Or sweet-vodka-ish? I've only heard of, never tried.
  • Reply 32 of 61
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    it tastes rather mild ... vodkas, gins etc taste more sharp. it has some taste of sugar cane left, so if you ever have drank sugar cane juice (fresh, not canned!!) it is a bit like a mild tasting vodka with that flavour.

other good stuff:

- sugar cane juice. when it's fresh and made at the moment it's really tasty

- yerba mate. i'm nuts to drink it even cold ...

- cold espresso (sweetened) with ice crash or iced.
  • Reply 33 of 61
    in egypt they make a hibiscus tea that was pretty tasty, after a hard day slog in the sun and sand. it took some getting used to, but by the third day i was addicted. however i kept wondering how it would taste with gin.....
  • Reply 34 of 61
    tmptmp Posts: 601member

or

Galco's rules for sodas and candies that you might have thought were't made anymore. If you live in SoCal, it's worth a trip, if not, they ship anywhere, practically.
  • Reply 35 of 61
    sprecher root beer is made in milwaukee, and while researching my book "the bloody marys of milwaukee" i succumbed to the charms of sprecher root beer. it aroma is as fine as it's taste. it's especially delicious after an afternoon of lawn mowing.

but man it gave me the worst heart burn ever.

sprecher also makes regular beer, and it is my wifes favorite.
  • Reply 36 of 61
    evian water. no substitutes. i dont drink anything that isnt from the french alps.
  • Reply 37 of 61
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Banjo Billy

evian water. no substitutes. i dont drink anything that isnt from the french alps.

Evian water is good, and since i am merely a french alp's son, i will not say the contrary. But personnaly i prefer the volcano water : Volvic. In the contrary i hate heavy mineralized water like Contrex or Vittel.

One of the most refreshing non alcoholic drink i know is the Chose : half grapefruit juice, half schweppes.
  • Reply 38 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Banjo Billy

eeeewww, i took a leak in the alps once....right on an alp.
  • Reply 39 of 61
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    h2o
  • Reply 40 of 61
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

there is no truly refreshing drink on a hot summer day that has no alcohol.

For me, it's the exact opposite. Alcohol on a hot day just makes me feel hot and sweaty.

Iced tea, sparking mineral water, or just plain water for me.