What did you think of "The Hulk" Movie?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    PSCATES: I, too, wondered about the purple pants. You would think that the pants would explode into cotton fiber from Hulk's rapid hypertrophy. But they stay put...and they stay purple.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

What's gotten into Marvel? They're releasing a gazillion movies featuring their characters, aren't they?

yes, and yes, both punisher and x-men are marvel titles, too.

basically, i think marvel is still smarting from having to declare bankruptcy several years ago, and combined with the MASSIVE cash cow that was spider-man, they are bitten by the bug, and hollywood is all too willing to oblige.

and dc could have doen the same thing, but between lackluster (and at the end, awful) batman and superman sequels, the confidence int heir product was shattered quite a bit.

personally, i would like to see a green lantern movie.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Quote:

What's gotten into Marvel? They're releasing a gazillion movies featuring their characters, aren't they?

Spiderman, Hulk and Daredevil. I THINK X-Men are too (don't yell at me too much if I'm wrong). What about that new Punisher trailer? Is he a Marvel guy too? If so, that's five in just about a year or so.

Just seems all at once.

I wish DC would do the same: a GOOD Batman and a modern, smart reworking of Superman (with all that today's CGI has to offer) could be very entertaining to see.

It's a market niche. That's all. Once the niche gives up all of its money, the trend will fade away.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I hate pop culture, I don't read (and never did read) comics, I really really really really really hate summer blockbuster movies, popcorn flicks, I've seen the occaisional comic movie but they've all sucked.

The Hulk wasn't that bad. It had a lot of good points, even if it's somewhat flawed. I'd say it's worth the matinee price, as long as you're not looking for the deepest most emotional film ever, or the biggest baddest action flick of all time. It covers neither catagory but both at the same time.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    rara Posts: 623member
    Hulk smash! (translation: The Hulk kicked ass)
  • Reply 26 of 34
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EDS66

It's a market niche. That's all. Once the niche gives up all of its money, the trend will fade away.

Market niche? I'm not a fan of any comic book and never really have been, yet I enjoyed the X-Men -- and, to a certain extent, Spiderman -- movies. The last X-Men one was particularly good.

I thought the special effects for The Matrix Reloaded looked kinda cheesy as well. Most notably Neo in the scene with a hundred agents, he looked like plastic, and the chick with the weird hair didn't look real in some of the promos. In the theater, though, they looked much better. I think the same of The Hulk and I hope that it will prove to be the same...though the inclusion of comic book shots does sound discouraging. I couldn't possibly care less about the comic or how the movie relates to it, I want to see action, not stills.

• Reply 27 of 34
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

yes, and yes, both punisher and x-men are marvel titles, too.

basically, i think marvel is still smarting from having to declare bankruptcy several years ago, and combined with the MASSIVE cash cow that was spider-man, they are bitten by the bug, and hollywood is all too willing to oblige.

and dc could have doen the same thing, but between lackluster (and at the end, awful) batman and superman sequels, the confidence int heir product was shattered quite a bit.

personally, i would like to see a green lantern movie.

That's funny, I am writing a script for a green lantern movie right now. Not that it'll probably ever get made

Just curious rok, who is your favorite GL?
  • Reply 28 of 34
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

That's funny, I am writing a script for a green lantern movie right now. Not that it'll probably ever get made

Just curious rok, who is your favorite GL?

well, i don't have that much exposure to recent "builds" of GL, so i don't know enough about kyle to make an informed opinion. the one issue i did pick up was him doing graphic design ont he side to make rent, which i can relate to.

i hesitate to say hal jordan, because that's who EVERYONE says, but he is the one i grew up with. but if i can admit to a guilty pleasure, i liked the guy gardner run as GL. he was crass, borderline stupid, yet blessed with the most powerful device in the universe. he saw the ring as more of an "ass-kicking device" than a key to protecting and guarding. he was everything hal wasn't, and the bowl-cut red hair made him the superhero no one wanted to invite to their superhero parties, but there he was, always "but i AM a superhero. see this ring?!?".

• Reply 29 of 34
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Pnisher should be good. Nothing like a lot of weapons to make up for his lack of true superpowers.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

well, i don't have that much exposure to recent "builds" of GL, so i don't know enough about kyle to make an informed opinion. the one issue i did pick up was him doing graphic design ont he side to make rent, which i can relate to.

i hesitate to say hal jordan, because that's who EVERYONE says, but he is the one i grew up with. but if i can admit to a guilty pleasure, i liked the guy gardner run as GL. he was crass, borderline stupid, yet blessed with the most powerful device in the universe. he saw the ring as more of an "ass-kicking device" than a key to protecting and guarding. he was everything hal wasn't, and the bowl-cut red hair made him the superhero no one wanted to invite to their superhero parties, but there he was, always "but i AM a superhero. see this ring?!?".

Right on, Rok! Guy Gardner was/is my favorite GL. My parents recently moved from the house I grew up in, and I had to go pick up my old comics. I reread almost all of them (haven't touched a superhero comic in 8 years or so). Most of them didn't age well...but I developed a newfound interest in GL and especially Guy.

I read from about 90-95...they ruined Guy when they turned Hal bad. He's now an alien that can turn his hands into guns and stuff...gross. His winning personality is gone too. I liked when they made Hal into Darth Vader, and when they killed him (not saying this out of dislike for the character, but I think he had run his course).

John Stewart rarely exhibited a personality (except during the Mosaic days, those were cool), and Kyle started out okay, but he never really developed either.

I'm thinking a GL movie as a sort of psychedelic space comedy, like Men in Black but more weird. My script has John, Hal, and Guy in it-along with the Guardians in all their androgynous-smurf glory. The big bad guys are Sinestro and the Qwardians...
  • Reply 31 of 34
    i thought the movie was amazing here is why,

first off is the casting of this movie, in the hulk they had

parts where it shows the characters when they were younger, the man who played sam elliots younger self looked almost exactly like sam elliot! same smile and everything, also the eyes of bana and nolty matched perfectly so you actually believe that he is his real father. and there are many other casting things that are amazing in this movie i just dont feel like getting into them.

second the editing. wow, what can you say, it was like watching a comic book literally, each shot in that movie had to be spcificly thought out for the edit, meaning, they knew exactly what was going on. it was a masterpiece, at first i thought all the transisions an 3 angles in one would be annoying but it wasnt at all, you could see the emotion on 2 peoples faces at the exact same time just heightining the emotion.

alot of thought and time and preporation went into this movie and they did such a good job.

i keep hearing that the angles were bad, but in no way do i think that, i found them to be right on the money.

the hulk is probably my favorite super hero movie or atleast a close second to the tim burton batman movie (the first one)
  • Reply 32 of 34
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Spiderman, Hulk and Daredevil. I THINK X-Men are too (don't yell at me too much if I'm wrong). What about that new Punisher trailer? Is he a Marvel guy too? If so, that's five in just about a year or so.

Just seems all at once.

I wish DC would do the same: a GOOD Batman and a modern, smart reworking of Superman (with all that today's CGI has to offer) could be very entertaining to see.

hey pscates head over to www.upcomingmovies.com

stack of comic book films in the works.

punisher- has john travolta as a villan

x men 3 - in develpoment

batman5- colin farrell and guy pearce front runners

superman- ???????????
  • Reply 33 of 34
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    X Men 3?! Gak! I'm gonna die!
  • Reply 34 of 34
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

X Men 3?! Gak! I'm gonna die!

well i wanna see were bryan singer and co go with the dark Pheonix storyline.