Siggraph Predictions Anyone?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here is what I say. Only one part is hardware related, but it all relates to us anyway so here goes. (we should still have temp Insane until after Siggraph).

G5's will be there to demo some stuff

Render-Man on the Mac

Maya 5.0 Unlimited For the Mac.

And Nvidia, and Apple will display/unveil, or announce a GeForce FX 5900 on the Mac to be available when they ship.

Apple also announces plans to offer a higher end Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 Card for Pro's.

Nvidia May also unveil something brand new.

I'm not sure about any of this I have some info on one of the things I said, but can not say exactly which one. Sorry to be so vague, but Render-Man is definite IMO. So choose between the other two.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Will Apple be there this time?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Will Apple be there this time?

I really don't know is their scheduled, but hope they are there. They need to be IMO.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Booth # 1601

No floor layout on the Siggraph site though, so no way to tell how big they plan for it to be...

But at least they are there! Finally!

Who woulda thunk? Apple @ Siggraph...?!? Crazy talk!

;^p
  • Reply 4 of 6
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Here is what I say. Only one part is hardware related, but it all relates to us anyway so here goes. (we should still have temp Insane until after Siggraph).

G5's will be there to demo some stuff

Render-Man on the Mac

Maya 5.0 Unlimited For the Mac.

And Nvidia, and Apple will display/unveil, or announce a GeForce FX 5900 on the Mac to be available when they ship.

Apple also announces plans to offer a higher end Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 Card for Pro's.

Nvidia May also unveil something brand new.

I'm not sure about any of this I have some info on one of the things I said, but can not say exactly which one. Sorry to be so vague, but Render-Man is definite IMO. So choose between the other two.

Choose between which other two?!?

You offer four (4) choices besides the RenderMan thing ...

Maya Unlimited for Mac OS X

GeForce FX 5900 for Mac OS X

Quadro FX 1000 for Mac OS X

And, "nVidia may also unveil something brand new."

Well, for me, Maya Unlimited for Mac OS X is just a matter of time... Especially with RenderMan coming (back) to OS X...

The thing that ALL 3D jockeys out there are looking for is a quality high-end OpenGL card offering from nVidia... Especially since Maya is making more usage of the Cg language...

I say we need a custom card from nVidea, made special for Apple... (which would be really neat, since nVidea is turning to the East Fishkill fab for manufacturing of their next-gen GPUs... IBM making the CPUs, Controller Chips & GPUs for Apple workstations!)

Maybe a card with dual nv40 GPUs, 256Mb (or more, 512MB?!?) of DDR2 SGRAM, and dual ADC ports, for running dual 30" Apple Cinema Extreme Displays...!!!

Get Maya Unlimited running on one screen, and Shake on the other...

Cool...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nVidia. Definately. Maya has already been 'confirmed'.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Booth # 1601

I can't believe my eyes! Apple is really on the exhibitor list!