Has anyone here seen a UFO?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone truly believe they've seen one or perhaps experience a UFO encounter?

It seems that most who have are living in a trailer park or some whacked out druggie. How about it folks, ever been abducted by one and lived to tell about it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    How do we know your not one of " Them " ?

Ps.

Ever since President Jimmy Carter claimed to have seen a UFO, America has never been the same..Or at least the democrats..who have gone on to believe all sorts of wild and fanciful things including visions of " Cigar " shaped objects around the White house..
  • Reply 2 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I personally don't believe in UFO's, but my Dad was in the US Navy during the Korean Conflict working on the bridge of a destroyer. One night (not sure if they were at sea) they tracked something on radar that was moving faster than anything any of them had ever seen.

I also once worked on a job with a guy who is one of the premiere alien abductees, I think his first name is Jesse. If you ever watch one of those alien abduction shows look for an interview with the guy, he's absolutely convinced that he's been abducted on multiple occassions. I didn't really talk to him about it, my disbelief wouldn't let me.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If the accounts of implanted metal objects are true, I'm going to cross my legs a little tighter. There was an account of a guy who got small metal objects inserted into his testes- no, wait, that was a Theraseed testimonial.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

I personally don't believe in UFO's

You don't believe that people see unidentified flying objects? I know that when you hear UFO you automatically think "aliens" but obviously UFO really means just something that we can't identify.

Having said that...I saw a "UFO" once.

It was December of 1996. I was driving back to college after visiting my brother for his birthday. I was driving on Route 195 in NJ. I'm pretty sure I was past Six Flags at this point but I'm not totally sure. My roommate was also in the car.

We saw this orange light up ahead just over the trees. It looked like a street lamp from far away. As we got closer we realized it wasn't a street lamp. It looked like it was just hovering there. When we were directly under it we could tell that it was moving, but very slowly. It was pretty low to the ground (well, low for any aircraft) and we could make out that it was triangle shaped. Honestly, it looked like the bottom of the Space Shuttle. You could have told me the shuttle was landing in NJ and I would have believed it - thats how much it looked like it.

The weird thing was, we saw 2 more of the exact same thing up ahead, each one just a little bit higher. We were driving really slow and the entire time a black car was following behind us. After we passed all 3 "objects" the black car took off and passed us.

I think the black car were the MIBs making sure we didn't stop or take any pictures.

Nah, I'm not saying it was aliens but it was definitely weird and "unidentifed" - at least to us.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I knew someone who once had the 'missing time' thing happen to them. They're out walking the dog, see some lights, get home and it's one hour and fifteen minutes after they left instead of 15 minutes.

Never happened to me though.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    Willoughby

You probly saw earth lights. A natural phenomena when gas escapes through tectonic cracks it forms glowing plasma.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I remember to have seen when i was a child in the beginning of the seventees something that can be discribed as UFO (even if there is more than 99 % chance that it was something natural).

It was in Marseilles, i was in my room with my mother. Suddenly we saw throught the window a big red blowing ball coming, then stop then vanish. At the time i was 6 or 7, but my mother see exactly the same thing and we talked about this some times ago.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

Willoughby

You probly saw earth lights. A natural phenomena when gas escapes through tectonic cracks it forms glowing plasma.

3 of them? Equally seperated and each just a little higher than the other? How can you explain that once we were under it, it clearly looked like a vehicle, like the bottom of the space shuttle? The bottom was grey.

I think its more likely some sort of military aircraft. It definitely was some sort of craft, I'm sure of it.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    When I was in my late teens and living in my parents house ( funny it's the house I'm living in again ) I was laying in my bed one night staring out at the night sky. Now I have to explain my dad wanted to be an architect and had built this california style home in oregon ( lots of big windows from ceiling to floor ). The night sky was pretty visable and it was just dusk. All of a sudden this brite, white, disk pasted over head. It was traveling away from me ( south to north ) at about 200 feet. It pulsed it's glow off and on and seemed to speed up with the brite part of the cycle. It was totally silent.

It seemed solid. It was a cloudless night and was gone in about 30 seconds. I could judge the height pretty acurately because it pasted over a big maple we had in front. I watched it to the line of trees at the horizon.

I woke up my parents and ran outside. I didn't see anything more and have never seen it again. I don't know what it was but I'll always remember this.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Swamp gas! No, weather balloon! No, wait, ball lightning! Sheesh. It never ceases to amaze me that most people tend to nervously laugh off or downright ridicule things they can't explain or don't understand.

I've seen a lot of weird shit in my days, but the weirdest thing is people believing Earth contains the only life in the entire universe.

Get over yourselves.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I've seen a lot of weird shit in my days, but the weirdest thing is people believing Earth contains the only life in the entire universe.

Get over yourselves.

heh. Do a lot of people actually believe that?

The universe is bigger than we can even imagine. The idea of us being the only living things out there seems crazy.

However, that doesn't mean they're traveling millions of light years out to our planet to wiz by our houses in the middle of the night and not announce themselves.

Seems kinda strange that they'd come this far and not land in front of the (pick your favorite goverment's capital). But instead they'd rather probe some farmer's ass?

Unless of course you believe they've made contact and there's a vast conspiracy to hide the truth. That would probably be the biggest kept secret...umm....EVER.

Occham's Razor dude.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    It's Occam...and I don't think that applies here because the simplest answer in this case depends on how 'simple' the answer-makers are. I'm sure the answer is very simple (traveling across space that is, I'm at a loss about the farmer's-ass thing ) but we 'simply' don't have that kind of knowledge yet.

Earth people are still a primitive race. Monkeys With Machines?.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

It's Occam...

I found it spelled:

Occham's Razor

Occam's Razor

Ockham's Razor

I wonder how the aliens spell it
  • Reply 14 of 36
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

I found it spelled:

My razor
  • Reply 15 of 36
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Here you go. The Drake equation will tell you how many civilizations you think are out there. It's pretty funny. All this math to prove nothing. Hehehe.

However, I was taught one more varable. At the end of the equation add Lc, The life expectancy of the civilization.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I haven't seen anything, but one of my college roommates saw a UFO while in a car with some friends in Nevada. I can't remember the exact description, but if my memory serves it was a large craft of some sort with a bright white light that hovered over the road in front of them and then took off straight up in the air.

It was apparently much too big to be a will o' wisp (ball lightning/methane), but it could have been a military vehicle. Those apparently account for a fair number of UFO sightings, and you just never know what sort of designs those wacky defense contractors will try out.

BTW, the Razor is attributed to mathematician and theologian William of Ockham. The name is frequently modernized to Occam, and since Bill was writing long before anyone had thought to standardize English spelling, pretty much any spelling that can be pronounced "Ockum" is fair game. (cf. Reformation figure William Tyndale/Tyndal/Tindall/Tindal/...).
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

I found it spelled:

Occham's Razor

Occam's Razor

Ockham's Razor

2 & 3 are both correct, and I wouldn't know...try being more specific.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

[However, I was taught one more varable. At the end of the equation add Lc, The life expectancy of the civilization.

And what did you factor in Ebby? 10K? 100K? Even a possible 1M? Please. I can hear your knuckles scraping from here.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

BTW, the Razor is attributed to mathematician and theologian William of Ockham. The name is frequently modernized to Occam, and since Bill was writing long before anyone had thought to standardize English spelling, pretty much any spelling that can be pronounced "Ockum" is fair game. (cf. Reformation figure William Tyndale/Tyndal/Tindall/Tindal/...).

Exactly. That'll teach me to reply post-by-post.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Einstein himself, said that time travel back and forth could of itself not be ruled out by physics.

Personally, I would like to think they are from our own future and filled with daytripper grannys visiting the "good old days" or the equivilant of future teenagers taking daddy's UFO roadster for an illegal time warping spin..

Way to go rev-heads !8)