you can now register @ donotcall.gov

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
time to fight back the telemarketers and put them out of work!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

time to fight back the telemarketers and put them out of work!

Woo hoo!

I haven't tried it yet, but a friend of mine told me he'd tried to register with donotcall.gov, but that the web site was really bogged down and timed out on him. Not surprising!

I'll try it myself after the initial excitement has passed, but before August 31, so I'll be in from the start in October.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I don't relish the idea of anyone losing their job, but I do relish the idea of them leaving me the **** alone.

Mmmm... relish

• Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Mmmm... relish

• Reply 4 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sign me up, Homer!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I signed up yesterday but did not receive the confirming email yet which they said must be clicked through in order for your number to be added to the list.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

I signed up yesterday but did not receive the confirming email yet which they said must be clicked through in order for your number to be added to the list.

mine took over 24 hours to arrive
  • Reply 7 of 11
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    My big gripe is that I'm getting telemarketers callin my cell phone. Fsck that s41t. I thought that there were FCC regulations against that.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

My big gripe is that I'm getting telemarketers callin my cell phone. Fsck that s41t. I thought that there were FCC regulations against that.

i registered my cell phone too.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    nice......... thanks.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

i don't get this...

why do they need an email...

how do they link your phone # to you? (IE how can they be sure that you give your # and not say your neighbors who may be interested in tele-marketers **snicker**)
  • Reply 11 of 11
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    [paranoid]Linking emails to phone numbers (and thus to names and addresses)...isn't that a database the RIAA would love to get their hands on...[/paranoid]