SE and Apple

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Didn't see anyone else posting this ...

Anyone else see the page on Sony Ericsson's site all about how much they love Apple and their "unique relationship" ... ?

All marketing stuff but interesting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ghstmarsghstmars Posts: 140member
    what do you think are the implications of this

relationship?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Can you provide a link to this page, Harald?

I really like the shape, size and looks of my new Motorola T722i. But I fear it will disappoint as a PDA replacement for contacts and datebook. That P810 is looking mighty good. I imagine anything sold by Apple would not suffer from a memory shortage either.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 6
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    I am such a nut. I don't have the URL here.

The page bigs up the relationship; there are parts certainly written by an Apple spinmeister (on iSync) and references to the P800 in the present tense about how it syncs iCal calendars and to dos.

It really does crap on about how special their relationship is.

I would not expect anything from Apple to have any more memory then (say) a T610 or similar phone as I take Steve at his word: no Apple PDA ... and he also said no Apple phone. I wonder (and this is wonder) if this means a co-branded SE phone is out of the picture ... or not ...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    what great relationship?! i have a p800 and SE cant even take the time to make the decent backup software that runs on the pc...it backs up everything in the phone including pics, data on memory stick, everything.....apples isync is a start but even that cant sync calenders or notes yet....and it definitely doesnt serve as a full backup like the PC version put out by SE...i love the phone but they should at least provide comparable software if they are going to act like they are all cozy with Apple
  • Reply 5 of 6
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
  • Reply 6 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Here's the URL.

Thank you, sir. It's not a whole lot more than a fancy link to Apple's iSync site. But if we believe Think Secret's reports (and I think we should, I certainly do) about upcoming OTA synchronization in iSync, there's a lot more to come from Sony Ericsson and Apple together.

Escher