Who has an iSight?

saksak
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Who has an iSight and what do you think of it? Does it work with anything other than iChat?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Got it today and I love it

It is not bad as long as the room is lit well

More Here!!!

Fellowship
  • Reply 2 of 46
    saksak Posts: 39member
    Has anyone else picked up an iSight?
  • Reply 3 of 46
    got mine on right now
  • Reply 4 of 46
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I picked up two.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    Can it only be used with iChat AV?
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I picked up two.

now you can talk to yourself
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by sak

Can it only be used with iChat AV?

I'm thinking so...haven't figured out if I can snap pictures with it yet

I would like to use it as a standard webcam...I haven't gotten to play with it that much yet
  • Reply 8 of 46
    damndjdamndj Posts: 12member
    I've heard it works with Yahoo Messenger and iView or something like that. It's probably just a matter of time before other softwares are "updated" for iSight.

Hope so!
  • Reply 9 of 46
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I've got one too. but I don't have any f-ing friends/family with one yet. I'm so pregressive...
  • Reply 10 of 46
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I've got one too. but I don't have any f-ing friends/family with one yet. I'm so pregressive...

Haha...only Apple doesn't have that chicken-and-egg problem where people won't buy videoconf cams unless their friends have them, who won't buy them unless their friends have them, etc.

"Just gimme one, dammit! I don't care if I can't actually do anything with it!"
  • Reply 11 of 46
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I just picked up my iSight. Of course, the only ones I might video chat with are other Mac geeks from AI

Well, my screen name is "shetline" if anyone out there wants to try these things out.

PS: I feel like my computer is staring at me.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Haha...only Apple doesn't have that chicken-and-egg problem where people won't buy videoconf cams unless their friends have them, who won't buy them unless their friends have them, etc.

"Just gimme one, dammit! I don't care if I can't actually do anything with it!"

Ah, you see it one way, I see it another. First off, the fact i have one and none of my friends/family have one right now doesn't mean they haven't ordered any.

Second, the day I got mine my dad started inquiring about easy ways to videoconference with co-workers when on the road and from home. He has already placed an order for a Powerbook and iSight for himself, as did 3 other VPs he needs to keep in contact with that I showed this stuff to.

They were astounded at the ease of use with this, and have each bought a Powerbook for the sheer simplicity of iSight and iChat. Getting these products in the face of people who don't know is the only way to show them what they're missing.

Not to mention that when you also download Quicktime broadcaster, you can record video messages and send them to everyone out there with quicktime. My family is already hounding me asking how I did it.
  • Reply 13 of 46
    rageous,

Have you tried iSigth with Yahoo Messenger or any other video conferencing software?
  • Reply 14 of 46
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    That is SAWEEET Fellowship. I was under the impression you where getting rid of your iBook for a PC? Glad to see you haven't given her up just yet.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Your whole setup, desk included, looks pretty sweet, Fellowship!
  • Reply 16 of 46
    sak: yes it works with yahoo messenger, but it's pretty choppy. better than nothing though
  • Reply 17 of 46
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    I dumped out my change jar last night and found out I had enough quarters, nickels, and dimes to buy an iSight ($156.94, plus miscellaneous foreign currency). Maybe I will, after all...
  • Reply 18 of 46
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Just got my shipment notification! Should have it next week.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    I just use my Sony DV Camera. Works great!

• Reply 20 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    good beer.