iTMS just added just added!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey... looky looky...

the main page of iTMS now a section titled "just added" that lists all the new albums listed from week to week.

sweet.

there's also a similar page for new releases.

woo.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Aww, no Ani DiFranco yet.

EDIT: Or Radiohead, or The Pogues, or Björk? oh, wait, it's under Bjork. Learn to spell it. ò_ó
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Yeah, I'm not too happy that Radiohead or The Smashing Pumpkins isn't available from the Store. Then again, I have all the CDs.

They're also lacking the Beatles (possibly an issue with Apple Corps.) and Madonna.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea I know what you mean. I keep looking for White Stripes but ... I already own it.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    snofsnof Posts: 98member
    They used to have a bit of Radiohead, I think only Ok Computer. But for some reason it disappeared a few days after the store went online.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I could has sworn I saw foo fighters there too but their gone. Is there any real "proof" that iTMS has an artist and then removed it later?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    snofsnof Posts: 98member
    I guess I don't have hard evidence to show anyone, but I know with certainty fron my own experience that they have removed artists. (unless I've gone crazy, which is certainly a possibility)
  • Reply 7 of 15
    No, I saw it. They used to have OK Computer on the site.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

No, I saw it. They used to have OK Computer on the site.

I can confirm this too.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    They added The jayhawks new album!

and New Riders!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I could has sworn I saw foo fighters there too but their gone. Is there any real "proof" that iTMS has an artist and then removed it later?

In July's Macworld, they say that some artists are being removed. Apparently Radiohead's OK Computer and several Van Morrison songs were up at one time, and are now unavailable (no Mac handy for me to confirm these though).
  • Reply 11 of 15
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    Ok, is it just me or are the weekly additions weak? They start with 200,000 songs and add like 30 a week? Am I missing something? This week they added another freakin' Rod Stewart album...I mean c'mon! They could hire a monkey to rip more music than this.

Anyway, I like the music store but the content is lacking...bring it up or or or I'll have to start buying music I don't even like and that just makes everyone miserable. Ok, not apple, but everyone else. Well maybe just me, but thats beside the point...ADD MORE MUSIC!

BTW if they add music every week thats not listed in "just added" i will feel like a real ass.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    What gets me is I go to Hard Candy by the Counting Crows and its a partial CD... only 12 of the 14 tracks. Of course the song I want Big Yellow Taxi is one of the two left off.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnHenry

Ok, is it just me or are the weekly additions weak? They start with 200,000 songs and add like 30 a week? Am I missing something? This week they added another freakin' Rod Stewart album...I mean c'mon! They could hire a monkey to rip more music than this.

Anyway, I like the music store but the content is lacking...bring it up or or or I'll have to start buying music I don't even like and that just makes everyone miserable. Ok, not apple, but everyone else. Well maybe just me, but thats beside the point...ADD MORE MUSIC!

BTW if they add music every week thats not listed in "just added" i will feel like a real ass.

I believe they add a lot more music than they list.... A LOT more... because I've been noticing many new additions that are not on those lists.

Quote:

BostonMJH

What gets me is I go to Hard Candy by the Counting Crows and its a partial CD... only 12 of the 14 tracks. Of course the song I want Big Yellow Taxi is one of the two left off.

I'm not sure why they don't include the 13th track.... there are not 14 tracks on Hard Candy and the missing track is Holiday in Spain. Big Yellow Taxi is not a track on Hard Candy, it's a sort of "hidden track" that plays a couple minutes after Holiday in Spain.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple does not make the decision if a song is left off a particular CD. It's the label/artist that have specific contractual rights to do so. And yes, they add more then 30 songs a week. Lot's of back catalog is added.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Still no Linkin Park, but at least it's not Apple's fault. The morons refused to let their work be posted on iTMS because they worried it would spell the end of the album as a musical construct. I appreciate that their albums are dear to them, but is there space to list the number of ways this is clueless? I wonder how many other artists made a similar choice?