Crowded House Farewell DVD

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For anyone who's interested - Crowded House "Farewell to the world" on DVD will be available before Christmas *CONFIRMED*.

Maybe a few of you listen to them, maybe not, but this concert (their last concert together, filmed at the steps of Sydney Opera House November 1996) is a masterpiece and a fitting tribute to a great Aussie band.

Over 100,000 people attended and millions more watched on satellite.

The concert had previously been available as an edited version on VHS only, so an all new DVD version should be spectacular.

I listen to a lot of different styles of music and this concert is a must for all music lovers, even if only for the atmosphere and breathtaking location.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    daabidodaabido Posts: 26member
    Was it really back in 1996? Wow, how time flies. As somehow who saw it on TV in Australia semi-live, it was fantastic.

Australians love to claim Crowded House as an Australian band, but of course it is really a New Zealand one. Just like Russell Crowe.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by daabido

Australians love to claim Crowded House as an Australian band, but of course it is really a New Zealand one. Just like Russell Crowe.

Anyone who moves over from new zealand, lives on the dole in Australia, sucking our social security system dry while hoping to become " famous ", is just a " Wannabe " Aussie.

They are only granted "Aussie " status when they make it BIG & remain " Aussies " for only as long as they are famous or disgustingly rich..Ie Rupert Murdoch..8)

Absence of fame..reduces their status back to dole bludging Kiweeeez

I think the same thing applies with Brits & Canadians living in the USA.....

Scurries off laughing while dodging beer bottles.....