Major iChat AV Bug!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
After reverting back to the regular version of iChat all my brothers buddy list for AIM was removed not just from his computer but also from the AIM server. I don't know of this is a major issue or just a one time thing but it is a pretty big problem. (my brother had 300 buddies and he now has to re-enter them all)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

After reverting back to the regular version of iChat all my brothers buddy list for AIM was removed not just from his computer but also from the AIM server. I don't know of this is a major issue or just a one time thing but it is a pretty big problem. (my brother had 300 buddies and he now has to re-enter them all)

i think its good to have a fresh start from time to time...that is what i used to do with my computer

actually i've had problems liek that before only it was before iChat AV...i think it was just a problem with AIM servers but it could have been orig iChat
  • Reply 2 of 3
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    i save my buddy list from time to time, so number 1: no one delete's them (it always happens to me) and number 2: just if something like that happens, it never has though.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Not to be too picky... but this is something important enough for an accurate diagnosis.

<minor clarification>

The lost buddy list didn't result from removing iChat AV from the computer. Buddy lists are stored on the server so iChat would have had to be running at the time of the deletion.

Anyone else experience this?