Eat Sunshine & go to Mars !

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, I found this tidbit in the news most amusing.

Some Indian guy claims to have lived off virtually nothing but sunlight for over 100 days... And what is more he claims to do this on a regular basis.

Now NASA wants to bring him over to the USA to help them with their food problems in relation to any future manned Mars expeditions. ( or at least that is what is being claimed ).

Gives the thought of just having a "light snack " a whole new meaning.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_293716,0008.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    You know, I thought that I posted that same article here because it was so wicked wild.....hmmmm, I must've chickened out. Anyway, it's a wild, wild story!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I saw this story some time ago and consider it to be BS. These weird things "happen" all the time in India. Just the other day there were a series of reports about a girl whose body produced needles under the skin. It was later discovered that her doctor was planting the needles in her body in order to gather donations from the local Hindus (who took the whole thing as a sign from God).

So I'll believe the sunlight story when NASA proves it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

So I'll believe the sunlight story when NASA proves it.

Oh Yea of little faith

Some press in India must think that people in the west are basically gullible.

or is it that they think N.A.S.A is an acronym for

Need Another Swami Astronaut

From another angle, think of the marketting possibilities to sell " Pure Bottled Light " to all those New-age Bear hugging Hippies.

Of course it will have to carry "organic" certification and advice labels stating product is :

( not to be opened in darkness..because the darkness will gobble up the light before you've even had a chance to eat it ).

Forget Evian take a swig of sunlight...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

From another angle, think of the marketting possibilities to sell " Pure Bottled Light " to all those New-age Bear hugging Hippies.

Light Lite? Just as filling, but with one third fewer photons?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    I'm curious: how long has any one of you gone without having anything to eat? Did you have to, or did you choose to?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Oh Yea of little faith

Of course it will have to carry "organic" certification and advice labels stating product is :

( not to be opened in darkness..because the darkness will gobble up the light before you've even had a chance to eat it ).

Forget Evian take a swig of sunlight...

Naw. Those people wont eat irradiated foods.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Naw. Those people wont eat irradiated foods.

Funny that ! And yet some of them worship the sun...& feel its " vibrations "
  • Reply 8 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Crazy ass Hindus. Always trying to do circus tricks, eat sunshine and worship manelaphants (ma?nel?e?phants) and stuff... just loony if you ask me.

• Reply 9 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I am not being serious by the way. You may continue the discussion now. I promise not to make anymore wacky, insensitive attemps at humor in this here thread. K?

• Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I am not being serious by the way. You may continue the discussion now. I promise not to make anymore wacky, insensitive attemps at humor in this here thread. K?

Don't worry, I'm Christian. Besides, Indians do a lot of strange things. They hold something like 20-25% of all Guinness Book world records. More power to 'em.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

Don't worry, I'm Christian. Besides, Indians do a lot of strange things. They hold something like 20-25% of all Guinness Book world records. More power to 'em.

ya just gotta love Bollywood...