Fontbook purchases... it all makes sense now!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From Spymac:

"Font Book integration

Jun 30, 03 | 10:10 am ? Panther's Font Book is rumored to be getting .Mac integration. "You will connect to the.Mac font server and drag-and-drop fonts into the Font Book," says one WWDC attendent who claims to have overheard the rumor. "The fonts will be charged to your .Mac account." "

--------

http://www.apple.com/fonts/buy/ <--- This has said "Coming Soon" for over a year! Now I think we all know how it's going to be used...

-Bio

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    i hope they are not goign to be very expensive if this happens (sounds very likely though)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Whoa!

This could be uber cool!

I could see Apple making the fontbook easy enough to use to encourage some foundries to offer up deals on their typefaces to help attract business.

Of course some typefaces will never drop in price.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    As a complete and utter font whore and type junkie (paints a vivid little picture, doesn't it?), this will be very neat to see how it unfolds!

I'd love Apple to do with typeface purchasing what they did with the iTunes music store: gather up a whole bunch of the top foundries (and plenty of the smaller, funkier ones too!), let you "test it out" by typing in a blank field and setting point size (the font tryout equivalent of the 30-second song preview at the Music Store).

Then, when you've made your decision(s), you click "buy font" or whatever and it downloads to your Mac, gets put into the appropriate folder and you're off and running.

One stop font shopping, display, trying out, purchasing and installation.

Once again, Apple is in the position to take what has been a tedious, cumbersome process online (have you visited some of these company's websites?) and make it ridiculously simple and intuitive. Even, dare I say, fun!

Why do people buy PCs? I mean, honestly?