Funny- Lindows Rock

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Thanks. That's just what I needed this morning.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    haha thats awesome

i never actually saw lindows in action...the UI doesn't look that bad i'm impressed...beats XP haha
  • Reply 3 of 16
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    give lindows another year or so. most reviews i read panned it relative to XP and getting stuff actually done, but they also said it's improved vastly in recent time, and is just getting better.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Good find!
  • Reply 5 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Alcimedes,

I agree. I'll probably end up grabbing it around version 5 or 6. That little production of theirs brought a smile to my face.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

http://images.lindows.com/closed/LindowsRock.html

Flash and Audio Required.

That is great! hahahahahahaha
  • Reply 7 of 16
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    this seems like a real competitor for windows...is it?

man it would be sweet to see these guys put a sqeeze on MS...i think MS could be good if they were forced to be innovative to stay ahead
  • Reply 8 of 16
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Well, coming from someone who actually has a Lindows box sitting right underneath my desk right now (currently just running Folding@home), it's not as "slick" as they make it out to be. This may have changed with version 4 (mine's running 3), but I find it no less confusing than Windows (in fact, XP runs circles around it in both intuitiveness and overall speed). Most of the stuff in the touted Click-N-Run actually costs money to buy, and many programs that are free don't seem to install correctly (why do they open to black screens?).

Still, to get a Duron 1.1GHz w/200MHz FSB computer complete with hard disk and super-fast CD drive, can't beat their subsidized deals.

And yes, I am downloading that MP3.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Wal-Mart ships their Microtel PCs with Lindows. That's a fairly big outlet if they ever move them into local electronics departments instead of just the web store.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Yes! That Ballmer pic is priceless.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    they really are shameless in their copying of apple... checkout their website AND their chat application
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

they really are shameless in their copying of apple... checkout their website AND their chat application

And the Trash icon and many others.

What can you say, really?

Lindows' purpose is precisely about shamelessly copying the competition.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I'm running Lindows 3 and its kinda weak. It's basically a Debian distro (apt-get, etc) with KDE, etc. It's intended to "trick" users into thinking it's Windows I think.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 15 of 16
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

Lindows is run by a snake oil salesman. Sold his way out of MP3.com with only about $742 Mil while his employees got dick. You though Enron was bad?

Ahhh....the rich are different than you or me, they have more money.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    the picture of bill with the morphed smiley face rolling around at the end was way creepy.

let's not call the interface lindows, let's call it KDE, because that's what it is. the thing that makes KDE so lame (IMO) is that everything it does seems to imitate windows features, so it is always a step behind. all the while they say how awful windows is....the whole thing is kind of strange. linux isn't a good desktop OS, sorry. cheap, yes.

and yes, the Lindows CEO guy is a jackass.