Surveillance system for the home ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone have any ideas on a surveillance system that can be used & setup for the home, where the video footage can be viewed on a computer [and the web] ALONG WITH being able to stream the video onto a TV?

My only guess would be the D-lInk surveillance video cameras.....

any other ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Depends... how many cameras will you be using?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    There will be two cameras. One in the front, one in the back.

• Reply 3 of 7
  • Reply 4 of 7
    This a cool camera setup. Goes over IP. There is even a wireless model. Dual ethernet ports I believe (LAN and WAN). You can find them at Newegg for about $220 in the webcam section.

Trendware IP Camera
  • Reply 5 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I played around with Security Spy. It uses Firewire and other video that Macs can use. Motion detection, capture, upload ...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    If I were to use this solution .....

would the only way to output the video onto a TV would be to do it through a computer?

The setup [is for the 'rents] and they would like it to be screened primarily through a small TV [along with streaming via the LAN/WAN]

........ any ideas?

• Reply 7 of 7
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stream This

This a cool camera setup. Goes over IP. There is even a wireless model. Dual ethernet ports I believe (LAN and WAN). You can find them at Newegg for about $220 in the webcam section.

Trendware IP Camera

This looks like an excellent application of technology. I know IP based cameras have been around for a while but they really seem to have perfected their functionality recently.

Motion triggered logging with built in email notification and web servering... mmm.

Time to indulge my paranoia.