What do you order at Starbucks?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So when you make it to SBUX what do you order?

Do you get hot or cold drinks?

I was in the other day and had a White Mocha with their mint syrup.

yum yum

I get their traditional drip "coffee" cofee on a regular basis.

Your favs?

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    dual867dual867 Posts: 31member
    It all depends on the time of year, of course, but my faves are:

1) Mocha Valencia

2) Eggnog latté(Christmas time)

3) Caramel apple cider.

4) Marble mocha

-Dual867
  • Reply 2 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    espresso (single or double), or americano, or iced americano, or skimmed (vanilla or normal) latte. cold milk tastes bad, even when mixed with coffee
  • Reply 3 of 42
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    I usually don't frequent SBUX, and not for any ideological reasons....I just find the other local coffee shops in my neck of the woods make a better cup of joe. I'm a mocha w/whipped cream kinda guy.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Summer: Tazo Berry Creme

Winter: Hot Cocoa or Caramel Apple Cider

I'm not a coffee person. \
  • Reply 5 of 42
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I hit Starby's for one thing... eggnog lattes. (Although they've gotten really poor the last two years - I think they've started using a lousy eggnog at the one in Chapel Hill.)

Other than that, I avoid them in general. They're the McD's of the coffee world... you always know what you're going to get because they're all the same, but you can almost always find something better a few doors down. Nice for when you're on the road in an unfamiliar town, but otherwise not worth it.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Tazo Creme Chai Frappacino. Sooo guuude.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    MMMMM....Chocolate Malt
  • Reply 8 of 42
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Nothing. Sorry, I'm a coffee snob. If I'm drinking coffee for my pleasure instead of a method to stay awake in class or at work then I go to an independent shop that I know buys good beans or even better roasts their own beans. Starbucks roasts alot of their beans at what is called a Seattle roast, darker than Vienna, too close to burnt for me.

My personal favorite bean is Old Government Java (full city roast). There is another more commonly used name for it, but I forget.
  • Reply 9 of 42
    Buy free trade coffee!!!

(my political message for the day)
  • Reply 10 of 42
    Triple espresso

quad on a hangover day

Unfortunately, to my taste buds, adding milk to coffee results in filth. This does tend to limit one's options

Hang loose

-----------------

London weather: dank

Now playing: Bitching/Stranglers
  • Reply 11 of 42
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Uhh... LiquidR, I think that's "Fair Trade" Coffee...
  • Reply 12 of 42
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Uhh... LiquidR, I think that's "Fair Trade" Coffee...

Thought police!
  • Reply 13 of 42
    (Damn this infernal Internet Explorer, it thwarts me, it thwarts me I tell ya!)

1337, yes, thank you that is exactly what I meant. This inability to think or function correctly is what I get for substituting coffee for sleep way too often.
  • Reply 14 of 42
    originally posted by Anders

Quote:

Thought police!

I'd prefer to meet the Dream Police. At least it would mean that I'm sleeping.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

So when you make it to SBUX what do you order?

Do you get hot or cold drinks?

I was in the other day and had a White Mocha with their mint syrup.

yum yum

I get their traditional drip "coffee" cofee on a regular basis.

Your favs?

Fellows

Nothing because it is overpriced crap.
  • Reply 16 of 42
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Ah the aromatic language of coffee !

I have to say you guys in america are in a league of your own when it comes to coffee varieties & flavours.

Trouble is, most of the people I know who have visited USA reckon that your coffee is very weak or over-brewed.

Here little ol Adelaide, we have a lot of traditional coffee makers ( yes I do know coffee beans came from Sth America )

And in consequence we can taste authentic examples of Turkish, Greek, Lebanese, Iranian & even Vietnamese ( like french ) brews, as well as a massive number of Italian variations.

We don't have " Starbucks " ( now that could be a curse or a blessing ), but we make up for it with strong brews of Jet Blacks, Long blacks, short blacks, caffe corretos ( with grappa ) cappuchinos, cafe lattes, etc..

Here an average cup costs about $3.00.

So you can imagine we're very fussy about the quality.

As for me, I put two large heaped spoons of coffee grained into a small espresso machine & time it so that it has fully brewed as I step out of the shower..neat..

& the house smells of freshly brewed coffee for hours.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    The problem with American coffee is that the commercial culture here has bred a severe lack of taste here. We're so accustomed to our fast food joints and sodas that the flavor of a real cup of coffee is often lost on many of us.

I remember making cappucinos for people at the shop I worked at and they would be unhappy b/c it wasn't the overly sweet crappacino they got at the local convience store. But from those who favor a good cup of coffee I've been told that I make a passable cappucino. Don't get me wrong, I too have and insatiable sweet tooth for crap, but when it comes to coffee I prefer an Indonesian bean at a moderatly dark roast (full city or french) brewed fairly strong, no cream no sugar.

Now, aquafire, you've thrown terms I'm not familiar with, Long Black, Jet Black etc... grappa??? I am stumped, I thought I would've run into most coffee terms during my stint behind the coffee bar.
  • Reply 18 of 42
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Now, aquafire, you've thrown terms I'm not familiar with, Long Black, Jet Black etc... grappa??? I am stumped, I thought I would've run into most coffee terms during my stint behind the coffee bar.

" Long-Black "

Means triple shot coffee in slightly smaller than " mug " or man-size cup ( no milk ). larger coffees volume are referred to a Mugachinos.

" Jet Black " means double shot in smaller cup: again no milk or sugar.

Short black is a very small cup with a shot of creamy ( because of the coffee bean oil ) coffee..no milk.

Caffe Coretto ( means corrected ) with alcohol.Usually Grappa or some other spirit..Schnaps, Slivovitz, depending on the country of origin..again no milk.

As a bit of a joke we refer to coffees as being either

" Black nuns or White nuns"..being a play on the words nun ie.....

" Sugar ? I'll have none "

Aussies do have qwerky humor ?

So LiquidR where did you do work at the " bar " ?
  • Reply 19 of 42
    lixlix Posts: 56member
    Not personally a Starbucks fan, prefer the local independents. Too much like McCoffee for me
  • Reply 20 of 42
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Not much into Starbucks...I'll just go next door to get my Jamba Juice. Orange Dream Machine, woo!