Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
opinions from those who bought it...?

Is it worth $40

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    yes.

It's a great game, if you like RTS games. It has many great features, a great story line, great cinematics, and if get tired of the standard game, there are loads of really great(and original) custom games on battle.net.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Don't buy it.

this game has ruined my life and the life of my colleagues.

addictive.

you've been warned.

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    bluerabbitbluerabbit Posts: 105member
    Just make sure that it will run smoothly on your computer. A 32 MB graphics card is needed to have the game be playable.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRabbit

Just make sure that it will run smoothly on your computer. A 32 MB graphics card is needed to have the game be playable.

Seriously...I tortured myself playing it on my 8mb vram iMac, I got to the last level, but then the computer couldn't take it anymore.

the game is sooooooooooo much better on a nicer computer.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Love it, we should start an appleinsider tiered team on there on battle.net I'm pretty sure we'd kick ass.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    the game is awesome
  • Reply 7 of 15
    been playing for months....love it...I love getting on battle net...it runs awesome on my 1ghz Tibook
  • Reply 8 of 15
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Absolutely worth every cent!

And yesterday, the expansion-pack, The Frozen Throne, came out too Go grab both! My copy of TFT should be in the snailmailbox today!
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Make sure you got atleast a 32 Mb grafix card and 500 Mhz, then youre set to go!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    And 500 MHz anything is bare minimum. I'd say 1Ghz is recommended!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Okay can anyone help me with my lagging problem?

I have an eMac 700Mhz processor, 32MB graphics thingy geforce2, and 128 MB of RAM. Loading takes too long and lagging really sucks, please HELP!
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Menoch

I have an eMac 700Mhz processor, 32MB graphics thingy geforce2, and 128 MB of RAM. Loading takes too long and lagging really sucks, please HELP!

No one here can solve that problem for you. It's gonna take a little bit of cash. Drop in some more ram, go for a 512mb stick. Ram will be key, get more, and fast! Your graphics card should be fine, but you might want to set the game at a lower resolution and adjust the graphics performance to something lower than the best, and with only 32mb of graphics memory I would say the settings should be pretty low, you'll have to live with the reduction of quality. This will keep your graphics card from being too taxed as well as the game will run better. If you set the graphics performance lower that should solve many of your problems as this game should run relatively well on a 700mhz computer.

And in the future, start a new post with your problem in it, don't thread jump, it's common courtesy. Welcome to AI!

(edited by DMBand0026 for spelling error.)
  • Reply 13 of 15
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Menoch

128 MB really isn't enough RAM to even run OS X so I have no idea why Apple sells configurations with it. You'll notice a substantial boost if you up it some.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I just bought it tonight, I did 1 custom game in frozen throne. Its nice. It reminds me a lot of starcraft, i didnt really play warcraft 2. I bought the battlechest set for 47 dollars, (regular 50 but i get 10% off).
  • Reply 15 of 15
    How many people on here play TFT regularly? Maybe if we get enough people we could start our own AI clan. I'm on US East under the name RandNum. Anyone intrested post something in here and I'll check back.