Longhorn movies...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    "This sort of effect is a conceptual idea of what we can do..."

It's a show-off like slow-motion genie movement.

You people are freaks.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    "So ... this is not *really a practical way to use Windows"

Why don't they just SAY that their trying to look like their not falling behind OSX development. I'm sorry, but to qualify as a "concept" would require some hint of how it can be applied practically.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    I NEED this version of windows! It may be the saving grace for Microsoft! My cousin has been HARD at work (after his usual 5 day drinking binges and heroin crashes) and comes in 3/4 sloshed to do this. They actually paid him extra to make sure he was not totally gone when in the office!!

• Reply 24 of 36
    cool gut:

Quote:

I'm sorry, but to qualify as a "concept" would require some hint of how it can be applied practically.

You don't know how a more dynamic and powerful windowing system can be applied practically?

If this is any company not called "Microsoft" it would get an "oh, neat". "OMG THIS IS STOOPID WINDOZE SI TEH LAMEST EVAR MAC MADE TEH INTARWEB QUARTS EXTREME INTARFACE!!1!! DIE BILL GATES "

Again, you people are freaks.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Take a Valium, dude. We're not all sheep, and we're not all blindly bashing MS.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

If this is any company not called "Microsoft" it would get an "oh, neat".

No, it would get an "oh, neat... but useless."

Your neurotic anti-anti-Microsoft posts are just as tiresome as the Microsoft-bashing posts you think are swarming all over the place. You think we're crazy, you're just crazy in the opposite direction.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Well, the movies are interesting, but how much of that will actually come out in the shipping product is another matter.

Wow factor now, shipping product=conservative.By the time Longhorn is out, Apple will have 10.4 or 10.5 out.

You know Groverat, if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, you might aswell just STHU and let someone actually do some mod duties. I get a feeling you've been reading PeterB's posts over at Ars and actually think his style is cool/funny. Hint: it's not.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Quote:

If this is any company not called "Microsoft" it would get an "oh, neat".

No it wouldn't. Certainly not from me.

M$ are blatantly lead footing it in Apple's smoke trails. It's laughable. M$ are embarrassingly behind in the Quartz race. That doesn't get as much press as the mhz thing that Apple have suffered all these years.

And yes, I am anti-M$. I got a goooooood buzz out of the way Safari kicked IE's arse off the Mac platform. Still bakin' in the afterglo'.

What of it?

8)

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 29 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Im not sure, but this looks familiar...

Longhorn movies

A threat?

Could someone post an up-to-date link for this? The link here seems to have expired, and redirects to the web site's home page. I even signed up for access to the site -- it didn't help. Using the site's search function for "longhorn" didn't turn up anything that seemed an obvious match to me.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    What the hell is the "Quartz race"?

Such sensitive little Maclots.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:

What the hell is the "Quartz race"?

(Hey, nobody told me Grover was a moderator...)

'Here we have the Panther stalking a Longhorn cow ((Dave Att' style voice...))...and there it goes...oh...oops...well, it gave the Longhorn cow a head start and the Panther...just...plain old tore it to shreds on the way past! That's all from Wildlife on 1...'

Safari indeed. M$ better be careful. It's a jungle out there.

Lemon Bon Bon

Quote:

Such sensitive little Maclots.

I'm sure there are some on these boards that would find that statement tinged with irony considering that I spent the best part of my 1600 posts hammering Apple for...well...let's not go over old ground. Let's put the G4 and steep pricing behind us, eh Mr. Jobs?

...and I'm posting from a crappy Athlon rig...on XP. Yeah, yeah, I know...just don't tell anyone that I'm a Mac Zealot on a Wintel machine...people look at you here funny 'round here for that kind of queer behaviour...
  • Reply 32 of 36
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Could someone post an up-to-date link for this?

I didn't look at the original link yet, but I browsed a bit and I think this is what you're looking for:

videos
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Quote:

The first is a simple conceptual idea of what can be done with the Desktop Composition

Why don't they just link to www.apple.com

?

Helloooooooooooooo, Apple already done this! Yoohoo! By the time Slow-shoe-horn ships Apple will have been all over this stuff for over half a decade!

Mind you, considering how bad Apple is about advertising and getting the message out there then M$ can afford to take its time... With Apple's 2% and declining marketshare...Apple may even be extinct by the time Long-dawn ships...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 34 of 36
    svinsvin Posts: 30member
    -
  • Reply 35 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

I didn't look at the original link yet, but I browsed a bit and I think this is what you're looking for:

videos

Thanks.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Longhorn 3D UI Short Videos

The first is a simple conceptual idea of what can be done with the Desktop Composition Engine:

Real Media (511 kb)

Windows Media (451 kb)

QuickTime (3750 kb)

Looks anti-Mac to me

Who the hell is Content Delivery over there?! Encoding QT clips with the Photo codec and uncompressed audio!