.mac renewal, get free Sims or Everquest.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
That's Apple's incentive, though it's hard to tell how to sign up to get the special offer...anyone know how?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    i think somebody ran across that a bit early. when you click "renew now" it just takes you to the .Mac front page.

Apple hasn't offically announced anything yet, so just wait.

besides, the absolute earliest anybody has to renew is October 06.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Greeaaattt... EverCrack (um EverQuest) for free initally to get you hooked and then that monthly fee to make you pay. Sounds like a logical drug dealer approach of get you hooked on the free samples only to hike up the price on your addiction

A@ron
  • Reply 3 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    what is everquest? I'd like some more information about this promotion as I was told that I could also renew by getting one of those $70 .Mac promo boxes with a new computer and save an additional $30. I wonder if that would qualify me for this promotion (as well as the refer a friend one-hey anyone looking to get .Mac? tell them psantora sent you! )
  • Reply 4 of 11
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I couldn't care less about silly games. I want to save money. Even though iSync and .Mac make a good combo, and I use iDisk to host images I post here at AI, I don't think it's worth $100.

I'll extend my .Mac membership if Apple offers another no-strings-attached $49 promotion. Otherwise, I'll seriously reconsider. In any case, most members' subscriptions aren't up for renewal until September. I hope that Apple will offer better incentives for extending .Mac service by that time.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Escher- if you were planning on getting a computer anyway (or someone you know who isn't interested in .Mac) you could get the $70 promotion, saving $30 and the save an additional $20 with the $20 off from the apple store promotion totaling $50... couple that with convincing one person to sign up bring .Mac down to $30 for the year... not too bad if you ask me... But what I would like to know is if I can add my sister and my brother to the service under the same umbrella as mine so I only have to pay an additional $10 each per year and still use that as a 20% off dealie...

also, what if you pay more then $100 a year for the service-say you have a gig of iDisk space to pay for would you get 20% or $20??
  • Reply 6 of 11
    In the terms and conditions for The Sims it states "The Sims will be mailed within 4 weeks of the .Mac member's anniversary date or the claiming of the offer, whichever is later."

are they saying that the game won't ship until october at its earliest?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Woof. Certainly sounds that way, don't it?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

I couldn't care less about silly games. I want to save money. Even though iSync and .Mac make a good combo, and I use iDisk to host images I post here at AI, I don't think it's worth $100.

Escher

I'll say ... if they don't start offering some new services, or start improving the ones they already offer, I think Apple will notice a reduction in renewals.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

i think somebody ran across that a bit early. when you click "renew now" it just takes you to the .Mac front page.

Apple hasn't offically announced anything yet, so just wait.

besides, the absolute earliest anybody has to renew is October 06.

Untrue. I upgraded my iTools server space last year, and Apple gave me a year of .Mac for free starting the day it was announced, July 17th, 2002, so my subscription will expire in two weeks.

My renewal email came June 27th, 2003 with the options of the games or $20 off an Apple Store purchase of $20 or more. When I clicked on the claim offer button from the email, I was taken to the .Mac sign-in page, where I logged in a selected what bonus I wanted ($20 off at the AppleStore online).

Here are the special offer's T&Cs.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Why the Sims? If you don't already have it by now, why would you want it?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

Why the Sims? If you don't already have it by now, why would you want it?

It's an Aspyr deal, they publish both games.