Barry White passed away

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Whether you were a direct fan or not, this is a sad day. The man wrote some amazing music.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ite/index.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    This man is like the father I never had. His music was essential to me dating and increasing the chances of getting some. Which I did!

This man is a genius. His dead corpse is capable of more romance and passion than the average living male.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Yes, a great loss.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Barry ruled.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    There will be ALOT less love now. A sad day for us all.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Sad day indeed - the man was a visionary of sorts with his ideas of orchestral music and double funk guitar parts.

What's also sad is that I only found this out by visiting the AI boards.

RIP Mr White.

Quote from liner notes to Barry White - ALL TIME GREATEST HITS by David Ritz:

Quote:

"The mistress", he says referring back to his music, "can never be satisfied. That's because the mistress is music. Lady music is the woman I'm trying to please. She keeps me up, has me obsessed, drives me crazy. She's real and she isn't. She's pure. She says, 'I'll come to you in any form, I'll be anything you want, anything you can create, whatever you imagine.' She never stops beckoning, never stops demanding. A curse and a blessing, a whore and a saint, a witch and a goddess, my joy and my frustration."

• Reply 6 of 6
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    * bump *

I just thought more people should have a read of that quote - that's all! \