Safari can't undo tpying -WTF?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Sometimes I accidentally delete something I'm typing. Why doesn't Cmd Z or Undo...work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    because safari is 4 months old and only a week outa beta...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Because Safari was rushed through the door for no apparent reason. Safari didn't need to be released until Panther. I don't see why Safari couldn't have stayed in beta for another 4 months. Unless it was purely to get websites to realize Safari wasn't 'beta' anymore so they can allow it through their browser check scripts.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Because Mac OS X was rushed through the door for no apparent reason. Mac OS X didn't need to be released until Panther. I don't see why Mac OS X couldn't have stayed in beta for another 4 years. Unless it was purely to get applications to realize Mac OS X wasn't 'beta' anymore so they can port their applications.

No undo typing is annoying, but it's hardly a deal killer.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    because it's still pretty horrible
  • Reply 5 of 8
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    well now i can visit Apple Sales Web through Safari, I couldn't before because it was a beta
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Safari? Horrible? What cha smokin'?

The undo bug while typing is incredibly annoying, though. Makes me on occasion want to return OmniWeb with its nifty zooming text form editor.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    undo typing, i don't think i have ever needed to do that
  • Reply 8 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Let's say I just typed a really long and probably brilliant post...

*poof* out the window. I'm sending Apple feedback. I hope this is just a bug and they fix it in the next udpate.