Sites that Still Unusable with Safari

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacAficionado

I was triyng to get into the Pep Boys website and Safari just starts spinning the ball longer than my patience allow me to wait, having to force quit.

Happens on Camino also.

Man how can a webpage (a text file) crash an application?

Apple you may want to rethink what you call Golden Master.

• Reply 22 of 48
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Uh, maybe you should tell them that?
  • Reply 23 of 48
    oh yeah, one of my favorite sites, Tiny Mix Tapes ( www.tinymixtapes.com ) loads fine, but last friday they posted what is on the site right now (a bunch of animated gifs) and though a few of them work, most of them just stay frozen on one frame (sort of like animated buddy icons in chat).

~felipe
  • Reply 24 of 48
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    has anyone been able to use their online banking with citibank? one would think that making safari compatible with banking sites would be an important priority...
  • Reply 25 of 48
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vaultingat

oh yeah, one of my favorite sites, Tiny Mix Tapes ( www.tinymixtapes.com ) loads fine, but last friday they posted what is on the site right now (a bunch of animated gifs) and though a few of them work, most of them just stay frozen on one frame (sort of like animated buddy icons in chat).

~felipe

It's a known bug that if multiple instances of the same animated GIF are present on a webpage only the last one will be animated. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about but it sounds close. Needless to say the Safari devs are aware of it but it just isn't a high priority at the moment.

WM
  • Reply 26 of 48
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    If I use Safari to change setting on my US Robotics WiFi router thingie, it crashes the router. No joke. Weird. It took me ages to figure out what the heck was going on.

Any other browser works fine (Galeon/Mozilla/Camino/IE/w3m/whatever), but safari crashes the hardware router every time.
  • Reply 27 of 48
    Quote:

Hmm I really don`t see how a web page even remotely relates to a text file what so ever. A complex webpage full of javascript or plenty of other script languages require quite a bit of calculations on safari`s part. Probably an overflow of some kind.
  • Reply 28 of 48
    scotioscotio Posts: 40member
    www.nokiausa.com

any server running Microsoft Outlook Web Access (yeah, I know but I need it for work)

\
  • Reply 29 of 48
    neurokidneurokid Posts: 108member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by WJMoore

[B]You can post stuff on eBay just fine with Safari, done it a couple of times. You just can't upload images to it.

"You just can't load images to it". Therefore it's useless!!!!! Of course, you can take your chances and post your item without pictures. \
  • Reply 30 of 48
    neurokidneurokid Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macfly

has anyone been able to use their online banking with citibank? one would think that making safari compatible with banking sites would be an important priority...

No, it won't work with Citibank for me. It pretends to -- but then tells me the site is having problems (it doesn't admit that the problem is itself). IE works fine though.
  • Reply 31 of 48
    vasuvasu Posts: 26member
    delete your IGN cookies from Safari and you'll find that it loads fine again.

Go to the Safari menu, preferences, security, show cookies.

Then scroll down to .ign and delete the cookies and try loading the site again.

-vasu
  • Reply 32 of 48
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    One word: PeopleSoft.

www.Versiontracker.com also has major problems. This might be internal, I don't use anything but Safari. First, sometimes it gives errors when submitting reviews. This is most likely an internor screw up. Also sometimes when I open multiple versiontracker pages and want to submit multiple reviews, it just will open up reviews for ONE app! This is infuriating and bizarre, does anyone else see this? If I have say OpenShiiva's page open and Carracho's page open, then click Submit for Carracho it opens up the page for openshiiva reviews. WTF.
  • Reply 33 of 48
    any website (read: message board such as the AI forums) that use php display abbreviated URLs, so its impossible to send to somebody who isnt using Safari. for example, the url for this reply page is http://forums.appleinsider.com/newre...threadid=27298

the "?" should be a longass string of numbers and shit, but safari likes to hide it. is this a bug or a feature?
  • Reply 34 of 48
    Chef I don't know what you're talking about, I'm seeing that.

But just now, browsing here and doing some homework, KERNAL PANIC! Second one. Safari is the only app to Kernal Panic me besides SMB in Finder. Ouch Apple. Safari 1.0 is the worst version of Safari yet.
  • Reply 35 of 48
    I can't get Espn's main page to work propperly.
  • Reply 36 of 48
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Aquatic: That sounds specific to your setup. I've never heard of any web browser crashing X.
  • Reply 37 of 48
    No 1.0 is the buggiest version yet. Today I went to Prefs with the intention of cookie cleaning. What I got was a blank window where all the prefs panels just had a Safari icon and when I clicked on them the window stayed blank. I took a screenshot if someone wants to put it on their iDisk or anything. It's hard to describe this sort of feedback about this sort of bug because it'll only take a pic of the page, not a Pref window, but I filled in a report through the bug button anyway. Weird bug.
  • Reply 38 of 48
    jcat22jcat22 Posts: 17member
    This may sound picky but on weather.com I can't load animated radar images at all. It works with IE just fine.
  • Reply 39 of 48
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

Apple you may want to rethink what you call Golden Master.

then dont use it...when YOU make a better one then you can start to complain

Apple has done amazign things with KHTML that safari is based on...and u dont HAVE to use safari... over 3,083,324,652 pages, lets see you render everyone perfectly

(this isn't meant to sound half as defensive as it sounds, its just you cant expect perfection from a v1 browser
  • Reply 40 of 48
    True, I'm just saying I think they should call it beta 3. No debating that 1.0 has the most bugs so so far, for me at least. Jcat22 that might be because of the animated gif bug. Not all the gifs on a page animate, look at the smilies here for example.