T68i & .mac Email access - Help Needed!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I have an SE T68i and was wondring if it is possible to access my .mac Email account using WAP over GPRS? I have GPRS all setup to go (free for a month too!) and have been browsing websites and such.

I have tried to setup the 'mail' option under 'Messages' with the settings of:

1. Connect Using: Telstra.gprs (other options are MyVF GPRS, Optus yesinfo, Telstra.internet, VFinternet, Optus yesinfo(2nd listing))

2. Protocol: IMAP4 (other Options: POP3)

3. Inc. Server: I have used "mail.mac.com"

4. Incoming port: 25 (It had 143 already in there???)

5. Mailbox: I put my .mac username in here

6. Password: ******* <--- my password!

7. Outgoing Server: I put "smtp.mac.com"

8. Outgoing Port: 25 (It was already there but I think it copied it from Incoming Port option)

9. Email Address: I put in my [email protected] address

10. Download: Headers Only (Other option: Headers+Text)

Any ideas? Im not that clued into what SMTP/POP/IMAP etc all is so I may have just amde a silly mistake?

Thanks

Adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Actually I think I worked it out... I changed Protocol to POP3 and it worked.

But if anyone (Herald!) is knowledgable on this, and cares to explain it for me and anyone else that woudl be cool!

Thanks

Adam
  • Reply 2 of 3
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by buzzbeepting

Actually I think I worked it out... I changed Protocol to POP3 and it worked.

But if anyone (Herald!) is knowledgable on this, and cares to explain it for me and anyone else that woudl be cool!

Thanks

Adam

I think iti has port 143 because you selected IMAP instead of port 25. I am amazed that you have got this to work because I have the T610 and used the same settings as you (POP3) and the server rejected my request for connection!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    It is pretty cool, though not entirely useful!

Its great to fire off quick emails to people when you dont want to have sms(text) conversations.

I was hoping that the phone would display thumbnails of attachemnts like jpges etc, but perhaps that is just total wishful thinking!

I tend to only download the Headers as my .mac address has started to get spammed recently, which is totally annoying! I must of used my .mac address somewhere, though Im normally so careful about that.

Ads