What to buy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would appreciate any help offered. Two things to remember...I'm on a tight budget so these models are about what I can afford and all prices are in Canadian dollars.

I can either buy the 1.25 Ghz single processor/256/80/combo/Radeon 9000 from Apple education for 1699.00 or the 1 Ghz single processor 256/60/combo/GeForce 4mx from London Drugs for 1599.00. Any thoughts? I feel the larger hard drive and video card are nice from Apple but the Firewire 800 and Airport Extreme in the London Drugs machine are nice as well.

Again any help is appeciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I would go for the 1.25 from Apple eduacation. It looks like a much better deal for the extra $100 and it is bigger and faster than that of the 1 ghz. machine--but thats just what I think.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Go with the 1.25 from Apple Education. Its a better deal for the extra $100.

1. Faster

2. Bigger HD

3. Whats a 100 bucks anyways?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brunobruinbrunobruin Posts: 552member
    The hard drive is a non-issue since for less than the $100 difference, you can buy a second 80GB drive and pop it in the case.

However, I'd go for the 1.25. Not only is the processor faster, but it's on a 167MHz bus, and IIRC the old single 1GHz was on a 133. Speed is an advantage that will matter every time you use the machine. The advantages of Airport Extreme are mostly theoretical at this point.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if money is an issue than the 1.25 is a good deal.

however, purchasing advice goes to general discussion.

moving now.