Savage axed from MSNBC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm surprised he lasted that long. click

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites," Savage said. "You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

Seems like his hardcore schtick went a little too far this time. As far as telling someone they should "get AIDS and die", well it seems the man lacks common human decency.

And what I find worthy of discussion... how the hell is this guy so popular?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    here i thought you meant Dan Savage
  • Reply 2 of 46
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Thank God!

Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

And what I find worthy of discussion... how the hell is this guy so popular?

His popularity really is worrying
  • Reply 3 of 46
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

here i thought you meant Dan Savage

OMG UR BANNED!
  • Reply 4 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Praise God, Bhudah, Allah, <insert your deity here>...

GLAAD spokeswoman Cathy Renna said of Savage's firing: "It's about time.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Never even heard of the guy. Even my all-things-conservative brother-in-law hasn't mentioned him. Ignorance is (was) bliss I guess.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I consider myself a pluralist and a pluralist Michael Savags is not. My opinion of his opinions is very very low.

MSNBC did the right thing in my view hands down.

Fellowship
  • Reply 7 of 46
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I consider myself a pluralist

(-1) Flamebait coming...

A pluralist who just happens to think everyone else is going to hell and takes every opportunity to mention how much he loves jesus and wishes everyone else did too.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Homosexuals - the last bastion of prejudice. Apparently, it's still quite alright to wear that badge of prejudice proudly and honorably on one's chest...

And it's the year 2003!
  • Reply 9 of 46
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

(-1) Flamebait coming...

A pluralist who just happens to think everyone else is going to hell and takes every opportunity to mention how much he loves jesus and wishes everyone else did too.

Post of the day.
  • Reply 10 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

(-1) Flamebait coming...

BR it really is dishonest and less than honorable for you to state that I have made statements that I have not. I do not "think everyone else is going to hell" and if you could move on about this it would be appriciated. This is old now BR.

Fellowship
  • Reply 11 of 46
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Homosexuals - the last bastion of prejudice.

You forget the plight of underrepresented minorities.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    Quote:

BR it really is dishonest and less than honorable for you to state that I have made statements that I have not. I do not "think everyone else is going to hell" and if you could move on about this it would be appriciated. This is old now BR.

Fellowship

Fine, I won't get into the argument with you that a core tenet of your beliefs is that everyone who doesn't believe what you believe goes to hell.
  • Reply 13 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I can't wait until the only marginalized group left are the racists themselves. I have doubts I will see this in my life time though.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Fine, I won't get into the argument with you that a core tenet of your beliefs is that everyone who doesn't believe what you believe goes to hell.

Gee thanks BR.

One less thread with you doing this. Although you did already get this nonsense started.

Going forward it would be nice if you could abstain from this.

Thank you,

Fellowship
  • Reply 15 of 46
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Listening to his radio show now.

Apparently he thought this was off the air, at least that's what he says now. He is apologizing.

Well, I wanted to hear what he had to say, so time to turn this crap off.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    Quote:

Going forward it would be nice if you could abstain from this.

Thank you,

Fellowship

Fine. I'll just keep comments regarding things such as jesus allegedly is the only way to salvation so how can anyone who does not accept jesus not end up going to hell and how can someone be dishonest enough to say that they believe in that yet are pluralist at the same time to myself.

Love,

BR.
  • Reply 17 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Listening to his radio show now.

Apparently he thought this was off the air, at least that's what he says now. He is apologizing.

Well, I wanted to hear what he had to say, so time to turn this crap off.

Some apology.

"Sorry, I thought I was just being a fvcking bigot when no one was listening. I'm not really sorry for the comments themselves because I really want to see those turd burglers die slowly on earth before they are eternally consumed in hell. Just, you know, sorry those pricks at GLAAD heard it is all. Well, no not really. I'm sorry they heard it over the air. I'd Glaadly...get it? Glaadly? Anyway. I'd glaadly say it to them to their faces on the street but it's true, I'm sorry I said it over the airwaves."
  • Reply 19 of 46
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Nope. I'm just talking about plain old in-your-face "I hate you and I hope you go to hell" prejudice. If it weren't for that one little line in that old book we all love to quote, then there would be absolutely no excuse left on the planet to openly and proudly "hate" this minority group and not be labeled a "hate group" or "hate speech".

Simple. No gray area here. This is not politics. It's hate.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    Quote:

Wow. Scary that people like this exist.