BT Phones, where are they!?!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
why does it seem impossible to find bluetooth phones from somone other than sony? they just seem to be almost no where. especially if u have att

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

why does it seem impossible to find bluetooth phones from somone other than sony? they just seem to be almost no where. especially if u have att

Amazon.com is showing that ATT is now selling the Nokia 3650 phone which has bluetooth and a built in camera.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member

What the hell is this color Java Solitaire and built-in camera to take cool upskirt pics and check AOLTimeWarnertoseeWhatTimeDawson'sCreekisOnTonight crap. I want a Bluetooth cell phone for less than $99, without switching providers. When will this be possible? I just want to connect my PBG4 12", not play Goddamn color Poker on my phone. With BT all these stupid extra little features are pointless, since you can connect it your laptop and do Internet from there.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Maybe Apple should make it a phone. It couldn't be more expensive than the ridiculous P800.

Quote:

Sony Ericsson P800 GSM Cell Phone

only $899.00

Are you kidding me? Since when do phones cost more than iBooks. I am so sick of hearing all this Bluetooth crap and not a single thing for it.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    i wouldnt mind a color screen, not nesesary(sp?), could give a rats ass of a >1 MP POS camera, what i want to do is sync w/ my mac and use one of those nifty BT headsets

oh, and use it w/ my palm for wireless internet w/o having to make sure that im always pointed at the friggen ir sensor
  • Reply 5 of 17
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Whiners. The 3650 is the most awesome phone I've ever found, because it's not too expensive, too gadgety, too difficult to use, but it is very aesthetically pleasant, so much smaller than it seems in pics, it has actually stayed interesting for a while, it's upgradable, and it leaves me with fun possibilities like Bluetooth and the camera for photo caller ID and MMS and web access.

And it is free on Amazon.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    im sorry, but IMHO, that is one of the ugliest phones ive ever seen. its huge, bulky, and the keypad is f'd up.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    cesjrcesjr Posts: 23member
    I just got the Nokia 3650 and I think it's great. No problems syncing address book contacts to the phone, except the groups information doesn't transfer over (grrr). Calendar and to do syncing are coming soon, says apple. Now I have it set up so hitting sync now in the menu bar does the sync, no other buttons need to be pressed on the phone or mac. Just one button sync!!

The phone is really easy to use, uses the symbian OS and java apps, and the camera is really fun.

I paid 200 after rebate at T-mobile. The amazon deal is nice but I wanted to be able to return the phone easily if it didn't work at my house (bad reception there). The reception is fine except in the basement, but that's better than any other phone I've had (Verizon, Sprint in DC).

The only downside is that the Sallling Clicker - which allows you to use the phone to control itunes, etc. -- does not work with the Nokia's. However, the author of that program says support for additional devices is coming and I would be really surprised if he's not talking about symbian devices. He just can't disclose it yet, he says.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    superdsuperd Posts: 32member
    There are a number of phones that have bluetooth built in. The Siemens S55/S56 both get excellent reviews. The Nokia 3650, and Sony Ericcson t68i, 610, and P800 also feature bluetooth.

One of the best sites for mobile info is Howard Chui's site.

howardchui.com

Infosync and Mobileburn.com

Check them out. Also Howard Chui's forums are great.

Dave
  • Reply 9 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Don't be knockin' on my 3650. It's not as big as it looks, and it works great. I don't have much use for the camera other than the occasional candid shot, but the rest of the phone is 100% pure utility. I love the BT, the reception is great and the battery life kicks some ass. It's definitely not the smallest thing, but it's a great phone.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    How do you get that Nokia 3650 free without signing up for a new service? (we have cellular one) It looks like $300 on its own, still too expensive.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I have the Nokia 6310i and like it very much.

I dumped my T68i and am much happier with my Nokia.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Don't be knockin' on my 3650. It's not as big as it looks...

honestly, i didnt think it was that bad, but then i saw it in person and it was twice as big as i was expecting.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Don't be knockin' on my 3650. It's not as big as it looks

Why do people with that phone all say that? When I saw it in person, it is definitely as big as it looks. It was not very comfortable carrying that in the pocket of my jeans, and they have fairly big pockets.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The 3650 is a ugly MF. EOD.

IMO the T68i is nearest the ideal mobile phone. No teenage features (like polyphonic tones, camera, odd placements of the keys etc). Just what you need in a nifty package. The only downside is the speed of symbian on it.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

The 3650 is a ugly MF. EOD.

IMO the T68i is nearest the ideal mobile phone. No teenage features (like polyphonic tones, camera, odd placements of the keys etc). Just what you need in a nifty package. The only downside is the speed of symbian on it.

And the reception. And the battery life. And the screen. Come on, the t68i SHOULD have been all that and a bag of chips, but it isn't. The only gimmicky feature on my 3650 is the camera. The keypad isn't gimmicky, just different. Other than that, I don't know what anyone could say about bad about it.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Quote:

And the reception. And the battery life. And the screen.

they are all good on myne, my only complaint is the slowness as stated above. I will though get something else after my contract is up.. perhaps a T610...

"Also Sony Ericsson has fixed 2 of the T68's biggest problems (slow text entry and slow menu speed). - www.howardchui.com
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Symbian could have been so much more. How long until all phones run Microsoft? Perhaps this is why Apple has a vested interest. Cell phones will replace regular phones eventually.

Anyway, about that sub-$150 BT phone?