Bad Intelligence. Uh oh

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Flame away, AI-o-lites, you know of what I speak, or will soon enough.

PS.

I still think the war was a good one in my Machiavellian apraisal, but I was never deluded by WOMD, nukes, or freedom.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 271
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Hmm.. what's worse?

A blowjob or lying to the american people (and the world) to start a war.

Ahhh. times were so much simpler back then...
  • Reply 2 of 271
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the real question is whether or not they would have gone through with the war if they had NOT had this "bad" intelligence...
  • Reply 3 of 271
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    I don't think there's any question about it.
  • Reply 4 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

I still think the war was a good one in my Machiavellian apraisal, but I was never deluded by WOMD, nukes, or freedom.

ditto me on that as well.

there is no question in my mind

that the world is better off

without that prick being in power,

however, the real question will

be to see if iraq is able to join

the rest of the world or fall

into a worse situation than before.
  • Reply 5 of 271
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

ditto me on that as well.

there is no question in my mind

that the world is better off

without that prick being in power,

I'll be saying that when Bush jr gets tossed out.

Quote:

however, the real question will

be to see if iraq is able to join

the rest of the world or fall

into a worse situation than before.

Agreed, because CHANGE AND PROGRESS ARE NOT THE SAME THING. How sad would it be if Iraqis pined for the good old days of Saddam when they had jobs and homes and a life.

Sorry, didn't mean to shout.
  • Reply 6 of 271
    Matsu, re: topic, a link or three would be nice.

Second, bullshit. The CIA has _nothing_ to gain by fabricating intelligence suggesting Iraq is an immediate threat to anyone (except mb Iran). The Admin presented only 'facts' that furthered their quest for oil, er, war, and swept the vast piles of evidence to the contrary under the carpet. Ditto for England. This was a conscious, deliberate, calculated move.

Pinning it all on the intelligence agencies is a cheap shot, designed to pass the blame to those who aren't voted in/out of power.
  • Reply 8 of 271
    Quote:

"The White House statement fanned a smoldering controversy over whether the U.S. and British governments manipulated intelligence about weapons of mass destruction to make the case for war against Iraq. So far, no evidence of such weapons has been found by U.S. and coalition forces."

• Reply 9 of 271
    OK, here we go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3056626.stm

That's what I'm talking about.
  • Reply 10 of 271
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Flame away, AI-o-lites, you know of what I speak, or will soon enough.

PS.

"Never deluded by freedom"

...Oh dear...Sounds like something straight out of good ol George Dubbya's mouth..

Maybe your his secret speech writer.
  • Reply 11 of 271
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

I'll be saying that when Bush jr gets tossed out

Read my lips! 4 more years. No, W is getting re-elected, he make too many conservatives happy to get tossed. Plus, despite naysayers his team is too savy to get trounced by the stones thrown at his administration. What Bush may lack in intellectualism he more than makes up for in his saviness.

As for bad intelligence, I can believe that, our foreign intelligence as of late has had to rely heavily on outside sources, most of our intelligence community for the past 50 years has been focused internally.

As for the reasons we went to Iraq, the administration went to prove a point, that the USA could still kick some ass. Was it right politically, I don't know, but screw the French and the Germans, they were playing their own political games to secure their economic interests in Iraq, they didn't have a moral leg to stand on from the word go.

War is ugly, I'd prefer if it went the way of the dodo, esp since they are still sending SF into Iraq, I've got family that I'd rather see out of harm's way.
  • Reply 12 of 271
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Its all lies! How dare you say something negative about our great leader Bush, the president, who have shown huge courage and will lead our great country into a bright future by showing a firm stance against all our enemies. Bush could never lie to our population</kraig911>errr....no make that</Mohammed Said al-Sahhaf>
  • Reply 13 of 271
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Its all lies! How dare you say something negative about our great leader Bush, the president, who have shown huge courage and will lead our great country into a bright future by showing a firm stance against all our enemies. Bush could never lie to our population</kraig911>errr....no make that</Mohammed Said al-Sahhaf>

Remember this Bush campaign slogan: I WILL RESTORE HONOR AND INTEGRITY TO THE WHITE HOUSE!

Man, I miss the good ol' days when we were all arguing about the legality of a blowjob while checking to see how much our portfolios went up.

EDIT: TYPO
  • Reply 14 of 271
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Maybe it wasn't bad intelligence as much as low intelligence.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...otu/index.html
  • Reply 15 of 271
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Man, I miss the good ol' days when we were all arguing about the legality of a blowjob while checking to see how much our portfolios went up.

The good old days...
  • Reply 16 of 271
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Lets face it. The 90s were the heydays of our generation(s). </neo-nostalgic mode>
  • Reply 17 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Since when did Sweden, Denmark & Finland become states of the USA ?

Or is that the United States of Anders ?
  • Reply 18 of 271
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Since when did Sweden, Denmark & Finland become states of the USA ?

Ever since that monkey in the whitehouse got elected...

oh wait... that is a result the war he starts in his SECOND term which hasn't happened yet... be on the lookout for reports of WOMD hidden in Anders' kickass high-bandwidth apartment..
  • Reply 19 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Ever since that monkey in the whitehouse got elected...

oh wait... that is a result the war he starts in his SECOND term which hasn't happened yet... be on the lookout for reports of WOMD hidden in Anders' kickass high-bandwidth apartment..

yeah, How about it Anders..lets party...We can do a re-enactment of "A poke calypso now " or better still....

Spielberg directing, Tom Hanks ...in... "Looking for Colonel (s)Anders..."
  • Reply 20 of 271
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

The good old days...

originally posted by Der Kopf

Good old days, my arse. Back then I was a poor skinny asian college student that had trouble getting laid, these days I'm still a poor skinny asian college student having trouble getting laid, little less hair and a lot more bills now. Right now I'd like to be in a good ol' daze.

Clinton hadn't done shitte for slightly above poverty level Asians and neither has Bush. So screw em both, I'm voting for the Wachoski Bros next time.