Defying gravity? weird stuff ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is going to be scoffed at. Full stop..

No doubt you have already made your mind up..but this little "act" was carried out by both myself and three of my mates.

So here goes...

It relates to lifting very heavy weights.

We were all in our final year of highschool. Anyway, we were sitting around in the students cafeteria gas bagging about stuff, when Tim said he'd seen a show where two guys lifted a woman seated in a heavy chair, as if she was a feather.

The way he described it, they merely used a single fingertip each, which they placed under the seat when given the signal to do so. They apparently did this after circling the chair some ten or fifteen times. According to Tim, they circled her while keeping a single hand outstretched above her head. He also said that at no time did they touch the subject.

We scoffed at first, but after a bit of razzing, sat one of the bigger guys down in a chair ( all up about 200 lbs )

Anyway we circled the chair with our hands outstretched directly above the seated guy's head and concentrated ( in our minds ) the thought of lifting him.

After 10 or 15 turns (I can't remember exactly ) Tim called out for us three guys to lift..

To our amazement we lifted this big guy to our shoulder height. He truly felt like he weighed nothing. We kept him there for at least ten seconds before lowering him.

Thinking to push this new found experiment a little further, we grabbed a heavy squat pine table ( the coffee table type ) It was about 16 inches high by 4ft square, and piled it with about thirty bessa blocks ( breeze blocks )

Now I am not sure of the total weight, but it would have been close to 400 or 500 lbs.

After circling this loaded table( single hands..fingertips outstretched ) we awaited the signal and placed single finger tips under the table and lifted.To our astonishment we lifted this heavy load as if it weighed nothing.

We carried out this experiment several more times, seeing how long & how far we could keep this load at our shoulder height. I am pretty sure we managed about fifty yards.

At no stage was there more than 4 guys..(one per side)..

I had virtually forgotten this episode, until discussing the Pyramids thing & it makes me wonder how they might have lifted these stones ( hewn )...It just goes to show that there is weird stuff out there that I really don't have an expalnation for.

So I know people are going to scoff..but all I can say is give it a go..

Can't be that hard to organise three or four of your mates to try it for a lark...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    ummmmm oook... can you reproduce this abnormal strength at will?

do you have a DV cam?

can you guess what I am going to ask next?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Do you have a DV cam?

Can you guess what I am going to ask next?

Yes, And Thanx Paul, I am willing to accept your offer of a free canon Video recorder...You'r going to deny offering it, see I knew you'd deny it...

Seriously, this was twenty years ago..but I am sure you'd give this experiment a go...

No Drugs. No HULK..No Conan the Barbarian..just four weedly geek guys....
  • Reply 3 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Yes, And Thanx Paul, I am willing to accept your offer of a free canon Video recorder...

how did you know I had an extra cannon DV cam I'm trying to get rid of? thats a bit freaky
  • Reply 4 of 6
    What was the cafeteria serving that day? Better yet, what did you have before going to the cafeteria. In the interest of science, of course.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    We're not scoffing at you. We're scoffing with you. *scoffs*
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

how did you know I had an extra cannon DV cam I'm trying to get rid of? thats a bit freaky

Came from the same book called ' How to hypnotise women " Damm, wished I'd still got it