12" powerbook case

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i'm looking for a simple and minimal 12" powerbook case that will also have room for at least the power adapter, a mouse, a few CD/DVD's, and cables. i've looked on the web and found these:

AcmeMade - 12" Slim

BooqBags - PowerSleeve12

InCase - MoyaPak

WaterField - RacerX

if you own one of them, please let me know how well they perform: powerbook fit, secure strap, if the material scratches your powerbook and other praises and complaints. if you know of a better case, please let me know. i'm hoping to get a case that is less than $100, though a little over that won't kill me. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I've been looking for a case I can use my PowerBook in. This would require a zipper that goes all the way around to the back so it opens along with the PowerBook. A hard shell and soft inside and outside would be a bonus. Does anyone know what I mean or where I can find something like this to fit my 12"?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I don't know if this fits a 12" PowerBook, but it sounds like what you're talking about:

http://www.sjdesign.com/laptrap.html
  • Reply 3 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    12" slim looks the best but is kinda like a purse i think

go for the powersleeve
  • Reply 4 of 15
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    what about SleeveCase

and

timbuk2
  • Reply 5 of 15
    pscates that's what I'm talking about! Wish it came in a 12".
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Personally, I really dig the Booq stuff, and will probably get one of those sleeve things from them when I get my PowerBook.

I've already got a neat little backpack that I like, so I just need a padded/cushioned/form-fitted sleeve to slide the Mac into.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

what about SleeveCase

Absolutely nothing beats the WaterField Designs SleeveCase (for use inside another bag)! I've loved mine ever since I got it with my iBook two years ago.

Escher
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Personally, I really dig the Booq stuff, and will probably get one of those sleeve things from them when I get my PowerBook.

Paul: I bet you like their stuff just because it's orange. Seriously, if you already have an outer bag that you like, nothing will beat a SleeveCase.

As for bags, not sleeves, I love my Timbuk2 Pee Wee. It fits my iBook inside a SleeveCase and a few accessories perfectly.

Escher
  • Reply 9 of 15

Doesn't hurt.

But seriously, I do dig the bags quite a bit. They seem to be pretty nice and well-made. All that orange business is just a nice side benefit...

• Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Doesn't hurt.

No intention to hurt, pscates. My younger sister has an orange fetish as well, and wouldn't want to hurt her either. Now that I think of it, I like orange too. To wit, the design for the Cloudhopper (a one person hot air balloon) I'm hoping to build is approximately 65% orange.

Quote:

But seriously, I do dig the bags quite a bit. They seem to be pretty nice and well-made. All that orange business is just a nice side benefit...

I admit that the Booq design is pretty nice. But as a pure sleeve, WaterField's SleeveCase is still superior. For example, there's no need for a flap inside another bag. And unlike the SleeveCase's velcro strap, the Booq's plastic buckle is likely to get in the way when insterting the sleeve into your backpack.

Escher

PS: I absolutely love Timbuk2's new line of Graphic Messenger Bags, especially in Aloha/Tiger Orange, as pictured below.

• Reply 11 of 15
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Absolutely nothing beats the WaterField Designs SleeveCase (for use inside another bag)! I've loved mine ever since I got it with my iBook two years ago.

Escher

I'll second that. I have a SleeveCase (and a Medium Cargo Bag) and both are excellent and were definitely worth the price. I went with the Cargo bag because I use it as a backpack as well for textbooks and such, plus I have a 15" Powerbook and wanted more space. But I really really really like the look of the Cosmo bags they sell.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Escher, the "doesn't hurt" reference was about the bags being orange, not in anything you said.

• Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Escher, the "doesn't hurt" reference was about the bags being orange, not in anything you said.

Autsch. That hurts.

It's so nice to be in heated agreement. We're nice and polite guys who wouldn't harm anyone, and we love orange. All is good.

I'm going to the beach in Rhode Island this weekend, and I packed my orange Polo shirt! Northwest DC is also experiencing a major thunderstorm right now and we've just had several lightning strikes less than half a mile away. But lighting is more white than orange. Yikes! I need to sleep. Long drive ahead tomorrow.

Escher
  • Reply 14 of 15

I have NO idea what you're talking about. I think you missed the angle/meaning of it.

You: "you like it because they're orange... "

Me: "well, that fact certainly doesn't hurt (or is lost on me), but they seem like nice bags beyond that..."

Make sense now?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Have a nice trip!