LaCie TFT advice wanted...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

Is anyone using either the new LaCie Photon20vision or Photon18vision TFT screens?

I want to know if they appear as dark as the LaCie electron22blue CRT screen that I have.

Although I have gotten used to it, the 22" CRT (I've had 3 LaCie's) is noticibly darker than my Apple 17" Studio CRT. This is especially a problem when working on photographs or FCP work as you end up unduly brightening and lightening everything.

If anyone is using the new LaCie TFT's I'd appreciate your thoughts on them before I purchase two which is a lot of money.

I would buy Apple displays if it wasn't for the thick border - 2 screens together means a 4" gap for your pointer to jump, not to mention their complete lack of adjustability...

Cheers,

Grizzly

--this has also been posted on MacRumors. I'm just trying to get as much feedback as possible before shelling out on 2 flat screens--

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GrizzlyHippo

Hi,

Is anyone using either the new LaCie Photon20vision or Photon18vision TFT screens?

I want to know if they appear as dark as the LaCie electron22blue CRT screen that I have.

Although I have gotten used to it, the 22" CRT (I've had 3 LaCie's) is noticibly darker than my Apple 17" Studio CRT. This is especially a problem when working on photographs or FCP work as you end up unduly brightening and lightening everything.

If anyone is using the new LaCie TFT's I'd appreciate your thoughts on them before I purchase two which is a lot of money.

I would buy Apple displays if it wasn't for the thick border - 2 screens together means a 4" gap for your pointer to jump, not to mention their complete lack of adjustability...

Cheers,

Grizzly

--this has also been posted on MacRumors. I'm just trying to get as much feedback as possible before shelling out on 2 flat screens--

I am interested to buy a 20 inch photovision TFT from the Cie, but except the PDF file i have no info. The only thing that i can say, but you already know this, that la Cie make good stuff.