White House admits Bush wrong about Iraqi nukes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From Capitol Hill Blue:

Quote:

Story retracted by Capitol Hill Blue (see post below)

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_2518.shtml

If this story has legs and is true Bush could be looking at an impeachment (or atleast he should be impeached). This basically shows that Bush knowingly lied to America in his State of the Union Speech.

Once again is proves how stupid Bush and his administration are Out of all the evidence supporint the claim Iraq has WMD, they choose to include information they know is false.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 100
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    I remember that the right - wing nuts used to say about clinton, "Its not the sex its the lie" that's why they wanted to impeach him.

Now we have a president that used a reason he knew was false 9 months before to help justify a war that saw americans killed..

Where are they now?

(ps this is in another thread i think)
  • Reply 2 of 100
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I've noticed a lack of presence with his usuual supporters in this forum this morning.
  • Reply 3 of 100
    gizzmonicgizzmonic Posts: 511member
    Bush didn't lie...he was 'misinformed'.

According to TIME (real reliable source I know), a lot of CIA and FBI guys are pissed that the White House bent every bit of intelligence that they got into whatever they already wanted to hear-because they are now getting the blame for "bad intelligence" with weapons of mass destruction.
  • Reply 4 of 100
    "Misinformed"

"I did not have Sexual Realtions with that woman"

Its all the same.
  • Reply 5 of 100
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

-because they are now getting the blame for "bad intelligence" with weapons of mass destruction.

Which really shows just how short the memory span is of most people. There was ample discussion prior to the war about the rifts between the CIA and the neo-cons. Hell, the Office of Special Plans was set up specifically because the CIA wouldn't go along.

And that's the other interesting part: that the intel really came from the Office of Special Plans. And the Office of Special Plans job was to take info from UN reports, CIA reports and the now famously deceitful INC and contort it to make an image of a threat.

It's not like any of this is even unknown to the American public, it's just forgotten. How many hundreds of articles have been written on the Office of Special Plans and its activities, yet so many Americans seem to have forgotten them.
  • Reply 6 of 100
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

"Misinformed"

"I did not have Sexual Realtions with that woman"

Its all the same.

Exactly! I said this in a previous thread:

Remember that Bush campaign slogan: I WILL RESTORE HONOR AND INTEGRITY TO THE WHITE HOUSE.

I guess it's just a matter of how you define "honor" and "integrity"; kinda like how you define what "is" is.
  • Reply 7 of 100
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

There was ample discussion prior to the war about the rifts between the CIA and the neo-cons.

Indeed, not only a rift between the "hawks" and the intelligence agencies, but also between the State and Defense departments. The executive branch is quite torn up into camps.

[added] I guess someone should point out that they haven't retracted the whole Iraq & nukes thing, just the attempt to import uranium from Niger. Some will argue it's all the same, which it isn't, and some will argue that it's inconsequential to the big picture, which it isn't. Proceed...
  • Reply 8 of 100
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    "If this story has legs and is true Bush could be looking at an impeachment (or atleast he should be impeached). This basically shows that Bush knowingly lied to America in his State of the Union Speech.

Once again is proves how stupid Bush and his administration are Out of all the evidence supporint the claim Iraq has WMD, they choose to include information they know is false."

• Reply 9 of 100
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

"If this story has legs and is true Bush could be looking at an impeachment (or atleast he should be impeached). This basically shows that Bush knowingly lied to America in his State of the Union Speech.

Once again is proves how stupid Bush and his administration are Out of all the evidence supporint the claim Iraq has WMD, they choose to include information they know is false."

Why is this funny? You wanted to impeach clinton because he lied under oath about a blowjob. Lying in the state of the union saying that one has hard (excuse the pun) evidence of an Iraq nuclear weapons program in an effort to rally support for a war after being warned that the intelligence may not be accurate is criminal recklessness.
  • Reply 10 of 100
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

This is just silly now. I think Bush chose to go with what was considered flimsy info at best just to strengthen his case during the state of the union address. Look if he used the info he must have seen all that was available on it. It doesn't look good and this is only the first day!
  • Reply 11 of 100
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

I've noticed a lack of presence with his usuual supporters in this forum this morning.

I have been clear in another thread: I even disclosed it as a "rant" from myself.

The rant being over what Bush has done.

If the data (intel and findings of WOMD) is not made clear to the public I view Bush as a fraud.

It is an insult for him to tell us one thing (deception and bunk over Iraqi WOMD) when the real object was another (foothold in the middle east in regard to geo-politics and oil)

I voted for the man twice. Once as governor and again in the last Presidential election. That has changed.

Fellowship
  • Reply 12 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I have been clear in another thread: I even disclosed it as a "rant" from myself.

The rant being over what Bush has done.

If the data (intel and findings of WOMD) is not made clear to the public I view Bush as a fraud.

It is an insult for him to tell us one thing (deception and bunk over Iraqi WOMD) when the real object was another (foothold in the middle east in regard to geo-politics and oil)

I voted for the man twice. Once as governor and again in the last Presidential election. That has changed.

Fellowship

Two questions:

Were you in favor of impeaching Clinton?

If all these allegations turn out to be true, would you be in favor of impeaching Bush?
  • Reply 13 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Two questions:

Were you in favor of impeaching Clinton?

If all these allegations turn out to be true, would you be in favor of impeaching Bush?

I was not in favor of impeaching clinton at the time. I do find it serious to lie to the american people. I find it really really bad to lie under oath. I would understand impeachment for any president who lies under oath.

I just think it is much worse to lie to start a war than to lie about sex. Sure Clinton was no role model for people raising kids. Bush if this is found to be a body of lies surrounding the Iraq war has gone down a much worse course. He has become a murderer. Don't manipulate the American people (much less the entire world) to pursue the invasion and murder of a foreign land and the people thereof.

If there is a moral case for war make it.

The WOMD case as this war was sold is so far a fraud from my perspective.

If Bush lied he should be impeached.

Fellowship
  • Reply 14 of 100
    Quote:

I was not in favor of impeaching clinton at the time. I do find it serious to lie to the american people. I find it really really bad to lie under oath. I would understand impeachment for any president who lies under oath.

I just think it is much worse to lie to start a war than to lie about sex. Sure Clinton was no role model for people raising kids. Bush if this is found to be a body of lies surrounding the Iraq war has gone down a much worse course. He has become a murderer. Don't manipulate the American people (much less the entire world) to pursue the invasion and murder of a foreign land and the people thereof.

Fellowship

I love you want your babies (even if you do think i'm hellbound nyuk nyuk).
  • Reply 15 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I love you want your babies (even if you do think i'm hellbound nyuk nyuk).

Never thought you are hellbound you silly man

Fellows
  • Reply 16 of 100
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Get a room you two.
  • Reply 17 of 100
    Quote:

Fellowship

I am going to point out something that I view as paramount:

Yes I am borrowing from myself above:

I said
    Quote:

Indeed....... The problem with too many apologists (sadly conservative majority) who defend the War in Iraq use faulty logic that lacks integrity.

It has been said by many Bush defenders,,,, "Well it is better now in Iraq with Saddam removed from power" "People are free now" and on and on...

If that is justification for war in the minds of you apologists out there and you know who you are... Why then does not America go to war in every country on the face of the planet for the humanitarian advantages you list that you view have happened in Iraq as a result of the war???? Please read that again...

If it was good for Iraq.... why not all other repressed peoples?

You see,,,, it is not enough to say... "well it was good for the people anyway" if the war is being sold under other precepts.

I see a vast integrity gap here because we are not helping others in the world if you want to call it "helping"

We are only "helping" Iraq???

I just wish the Bush defenders would consider integrity as being a much better virtue than defending a political figure at all costs.

Fellowship
  • Reply 18 of 100
    Quote:

I am going to point out something that I view as paramount:

Yes I am borrowing from myself above:

I said

Indeed....... The problem with too many apologists (sadly conservative majority) who defend the War in Iraq use faulty logic that lacks integrity.

It has been said by many Bush defenders,,,, "Well it is better now in Iraq with Saddam removed from power" "People are free now" and on and on...

If that is justification for war in the minds of you apologists out there and you know who you are... Why then does not America go to war in every country on the face of the planet for the humanitarian advantages you list that you view have happened in Iraq as a result of the war???? Please read that again...

If it was good for Iraq.... why not all other repressed peoples?

You see,,,, it is not enough to say... "well it was good for the people anyway" if the war is being sold under other precepts.

I see a vast integrity gap here because we are not helping others in the world if you want to call it "helping"

We are only "helping" Iraq???

I just wish the Bush defenders would consider integrity as being a much better virtue than defending a political figure at all costs.

Fellowship [/B]

You may not name names but I will.

Scott, SDW, K-somethingother...YOU HAVE BEEN BITCHSLAPPED BY FELLOWSHIP'S GAUNTLET! HE CHALLENGES YOU TO A DUEL OF INTEGRITY! WILL YOU EVEN HAVE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT?

I bet no.
  • Reply 19 of 100
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Nah, He is just following an American tradition established by the " Boston tea party "

Yes..And George Washington never lied...apple trees and all....
  • Reply 20 of 100
    cherry trees.

me fail history? unpossible...