Terminal openning session "automatically"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi All,

Just today, when I open Terminal, It automatically puts itself into a telnet Sesion. Everything I do doesn't seem to be working. I pico'd my /usr/bin/login file and saw just binary. What would cause it to open a Telnet session by default? This morn, I did open a JellyFish session to Telnet to the server that terminal "Now" uses, but I deleted JellyFish from my applications folder, thinking that this could be the culprit. But No... hmmmm

Any ideas would be Great!

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I had a similar problem a while ago: the terminal was automatically launching a script I wrote to run SETI@home. After checking my login script (~/.tcshrc) I found the problem was actually in the Terminal's prefs file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Terminal.plist). I found a line referring to the offending script and deleted it. That solved the problem, but it threw off the rest of my prefs (made the window 100% transparent, changed the font, etc.), so I just trashed that plist file, relaunched the Terminal, and it worked fine.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noleli2

I had a similar problem a while ago: the terminal was automatically launching a script I wrote to run SETI@home. After checking my login script (~/.tcshrc) I found the problem was actually in the Terminal's prefs file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Terminal.plist). I found a line referring to the offending script and deleted it. That solved the problem, but it threw off the rest of my prefs (made the window 100% transparent, changed the font, etc.), so I just trashed that plist file, relaunched the Terminal, and it worked fine.

Thanks Noleli2! It Worked!