How Do I Change My Domain Name?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
eh i was suspened from game ranger because i made my name something like the admin's Evill and he said i was trying to impersonate and suspened my account for 7days

so i tried with another account and it said that was suspened...its two different email address so i assume it must be banning my domain name and that account so how do i change my domain name?

i just want to go change my name back and play Ghost Recon!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    They probably banned your IP address. If you are on dialup or dynamic address broadband, you can just disconnect and reconnect, and chances are you'll have a different IP address. If you have static IP broadband (like a school address or a more expensive broadband plan), then tough noogies.

Could they grab his MAC address? That would be more effective, since MAC addresses are unique and you can't change it.

Edit: Oooh, looky... I'm a SENIOR MEMBER now. I feel so... so... privileged. Or is that just a testament to my summer boredom?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    if its static, i CAN'T change it?

i thought it assigns you one if it hasn' already...if i'd just reset my modem it should give me two new IP's shouldn't it (2 comptuer connected to my hub)

they grab my MAC address and i dont think they do...i'll swap ethernet cards!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

They probably banned your IP address. If you are on dialup or dynamic address broadband, you can just disconnect and reconnect, and chances are you'll have a different IP address. If you have static IP broadband (like a school address or a more expensive broadband plan), then tough noogies.

Could they grab his MAC address? That would be more effective, since MAC addresses are unique and you can't change it.

Edit: Oooh, looky... I'm a SENIOR MEMBER now. I feel so... so... privileged. Or is that just a testament to my summer boredom?

Yes, they can grab his MAC address. This is the prefered method. If he is on a corporate network (mostly static internal addreses), and the only traffic that they see from that octet (range) is his, then they would just ban his published IP (external) This would not block his companies entire scope. However, if he is behind a firewall or a router that has a built in MAC address, he could pull his box off the router, re-connect, thus ...giving him a new MAC.

Or, you could get a cheap ass box, throw linux on it (slackware is my flavor), put three NIC's into it, download this particular program, and have a translation spoofing unit all ready to go.

cheers
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

if its static, i CAN'T change it?

i thought it assigns you one if it hasn' already...if i'd just reset my modem it should give me two new IP's shouldn't it (2 comptuer connected to my hub)

Not exactly - it all depends on how long they have your lease set to expire. You can call them and have them reset your lease. (at least I know our cable company here can)

hub .. get a 4 port router brother, and issue yourself your own internal static addreses. Just an idea.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    On a related note, Scott Kevill is a prick, bet he's a blast to go drinking with.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

On a related note, Scott Kevill is a prick, bet he's a blast to go drinking with.

heh, well i agree with you...perhaps i'll reverse engineer GR and figure out a way to to destroy it!

(i will need 400 programmers, 40 engineers, 800 G5's and 50 bottles of tequila)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    only 50? you have 401 people there bub... and 40 ENGINEERS!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

only 50? you have 401 people there bub... and 40 ENGINEERS!

i didn't say the tequila was for them!