Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
here on A.I?

Or perhaps even 20,000?

Just curious.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I think EmAn is probably way past 10K posts, if you include the Pre-blackout days where he had about 4000 posts

here is the current Member list

http://forums.appleinsider.com/membe...ers&perpage=10
  • Reply 2 of 25
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I think a lot of us goes over 10000 if we count in post made before the Big Blackout.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Jonathan just 'rolled over' as it were. He's back down in the hundreds I believe. Apparently, vB doesn't hold the fifth digit.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    uhhh no...
  • Reply 5 of 25
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    trying

edit:

This was originally 3 posts that said "I" - "am" - "trying" but I guess the mods don't have a sense of humor.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

trying

Hey, how come your post count stayed the same?
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Hey, how come your post count stayed the same?

Your post count is updated dynamically.... Even if you dig back several years (even pre-vB) you will find that your post count is current.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

uhhh no...

This is where I first saw this... I don't recall his posts up that close to 10k, but I remembered this post about two weeks ago:

Quote:

Originally posted by 709

/OT: Jonathan: Posts:85

...well I always wondered if the odometer rolled at 10000, now I know.

OT/

Of course, he could have just reset his account, and the post by 709 was a joke that I never caught.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    +1
  • Reply 10 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

I think EmAn is probably way past 10K posts, if you include the Pre-blackout days where he had about 4000 posts

here is the current Member list

http://forums.appleinsider.com/membe...ers&perpage=10

Yeah, I definately have more than 10k.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Ya, I herd that there was some type of bug in the vb that roled you over when you hit the 10,000 mark. Now thats a lot of posts...
  • Reply 12 of 25
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MGG

Ya, I herd that there was some type of bug in the vb that roled you over when you hit the 10,000 mark. Now thats a lot of posts...

vB does not screw you after you get 10 K. I have seen some past 10 thousand posts IN vB boards, having the right score, or at least the memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters page shows them up correctly in the relevant boards (where the post count on every page is not abled). Not my score anyway, i'm stuck on lousy 2,5K.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    saabmp3saabmp3 Posts: 52member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

vB does not screw you after you get 10 K. I have seen some past 10 thousand posts IN vB boards, having the right score, or at least the memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters page shows them up correctly in the relevant boards (where the post count on every page is not abled). Not my score anyway, i'm stuck on lousy 2,5K.

I tend to agree. I have seen boards where people have WAY more than 10k posts. Sorta sad for them I guess, but it's still fun.

BEN
  • Reply 14 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by saabmp3

I tend to agree. I have seen boards where people have WAY more than 10k posts. Sorta sad for them I guess, but it's still fun.

It's not sad if they've been there for a while.

I registered at AI approximately 4 years ago and if it weren't for the major crash we had, I would have had around half that by now - others would have had much more. It's not too hard to exceed 1,000 posts in a year.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo

It's not too hard to exceed 1,000 posts in a year.

HA! Easier said than done. But for us "socially-challenged" posters, it is hard coming up with half-decent content.

Chalk one up on the Ebby-o-meter!

+1
  • Reply 16 of 25
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    a quality meter rather than quantity meter would be welcome

bogometer ratings up or down cumulatively, perhaps
  • Reply 17 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo

It's not sad if they've been there for a while.

I registered at AI approximately 4 years ago and if it weren't for the major crash we had, I would have had around half that by now - others would have had much more. It's not too hard to exceed 1,000 posts in a year.

It's not hard to exceed 5,000 posts in a year
  • Reply 18 of 25
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I think if you added up all my "early days" posts (as in WAY back to the early days of AI). I might be close to 5k. However, I fully intend never to hit 10K or get anywhere close. If I'm posting that much something must be wrong.

• Reply 19 of 25
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    - i never hit 10,000. i think i was around 2400 or so when i flipped back to 0...

there's no bug in vb. 10000+ are fine.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

- i never hit 10,000. i think i was around 2400 or so when i flipped back to 0...

why did you flip the switch back to 0?