Are these the new cinema displays?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 69
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

And these people are...

i can't understand why you'd run yoru display at 800x600...it seems silly to me, even 15" run at 1024x768

plain ole' silly...unless ur >60 and/or going blind

...oh yeah or if ur running VPC haha
  • Reply 22 of 69
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    It looks fake but atleast people are getting into the rumors, we have never seend a display mock-up yet
  • Reply 23 of 69
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ha, ast3r3x nailed it. I briefly considered doing that, just to show. But I didn't have the dedication and patience.

• Reply 24 of 69
    Definately fake, but VERY nicely done! 5/5 for those...

They fit with the G5 perfectly, but I dont like the G5's looks anyway..
  • Reply 25 of 69
    nitridenitride Posts: 100member
    These are from SpyMac.

The tards over there thought they were real too.

I should put up some G5 eBay auctions and tell all you people about 'em, I'd make a killing.
  • Reply 26 of 69
    Uh, not all of us.
  • Reply 27 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Ha, ast3r3x nailed it. I briefly considered doing that, just to show. But I didn't have the dedication and patience.

eh, well i seem to have alot of time on my hands being temp banned from game ranger and waiting for my cocoa book to get here haha

oh yeah, did i mention that is a completely different tower in my picture...i erased the orig from their picture and added the one from the apple.com/pr blah blah blah page and just modified its scaling and demensions as i described couple posts up
  • Reply 28 of 69
    I thought it was real, until I notced that the bottom handle isn't parallel to the top handle of the monitor. Copy and Paste, neat design, though.
  • Reply 29 of 69
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple doesn't put phony holes in products just for looks. Ive would never do that. I believe the new displays will be similar in concept to the iMac ones with exceptional moveability.
  • Reply 30 of 69
    here is my fake display

(i told you i had extra time on my hands)

soo...what ya think?
  • Reply 31 of 69
    I think it might rock side-to-side a bit if a good wind came up!

I think any new displays from Apple will, of course, employ an aluminum (or aluminum-looking) enclosure/skin and - as the current acrylic-encased displays echoed the acrylic/glossy look of the G4 tower - take some design cues in the areas of curves or general construction from the G5.

But I don't think holes will be employed. And in the same way that the G5 is much cleaner and straighter-lined than the G4, I think a new G5-matching display from Apple will be quite stark, straight-edged and relatively unadorned with curves or swoops.

I could see Apple simply having a really nice flat and smooth display enclosure with MUCH less "dead space" around the screen itself. And some sort of swivel/tilt capability almost seems a given, doesn't it?

Again, I look at that Eyegonomic company and go "yeah, that's REALLY close to what should be...". I said before that Apple should just buy the company, slap an Apple logo on it and be done with it already.

Free Ive up to work on something else instead of trying to design a nice, G5-matching display. This company has already done it for them!

• Reply 32 of 69
    Quote:

I think it might rock side-to-side a bit if a good wind came up!

I think any new displays from Apple will, of course, employ an aluminum (or aluminum-looking) enclosure/skin and - as the current acrylic-encased displays echoed the acrylic/glossy look of the G4 tower - take some design cues in the areas of curves or general construction from the G5.

But I don't think holes will be employed. And in the same way that the G5 is much cleaner and straighter-lined than the G4, I think a new G5-matching display from Apple will be quite stark, straight-edged and relatively unadorned with curves or swoops.

I could see Apple simply having a really nice flat and smooth display enclosure with MUCH less "dead space" around the screen itself. And some sort of swivel/tilt capability almost seems a given, doesn't it?

Again, I look at that Eyegonomic company and go "yeah, that's REALLY close to what should be...". I said before that Apple should just buy the company, slap an Apple logo on it and be done with it already.

Free Ive up to work on something else instead of trying to design a nice, G5-matching display. This company has already done it for them!

wow thats really nice (my display looks ugly so small and at 72dpi ) but yeah there should be a better design (tilt and swivel wise) and it will have an aluminum look....that company really outdid apple!
  • Reply 33 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

here is my fake display

(i told you i had extra time on my hands)

soo...what ya think?

What are they going for?
  • Reply 34 of 69
    Actually, I just dug deeper into their site, looking at some of the larger screens that I normally ignore, and saw this one:

http://www.eyegonomic.com/page.dsp?page=188

Look at the front support on it...a pretty darn close match to the handle look/design of the G5!

Dang, this model right here, in 17", 20" and 23" sizes (all 16:10) would make for quite a kick-ass trio of G5-matching displays from Apple.

Forget Roxio...Apple needs to buy THESE guys!

• Reply 35 of 69
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Everything around the screen itself look totally extraneous. The G5 chassis is very spartan and functional, the monitor would be too. Anyway, the current displays, minus the pinstripes are what's going right now.
  • Reply 36 of 69
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah, except Apple already has a problem with high prices. What are the prices of these things after you get them out of Euros (I forget... is it euro or pounds). Isn't it something like $1700 for the 17"?

Apple needs to buy a company with cheaper products

Edit: BTW, we're at 1026 views... don't think we'll hit 2K in the next fifteen minutes
  • Reply 37 of 69
    nevynnevyn Posts: 360member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

soo...what ya think?

The frontside-bus uses a viaduct running in front of the right-most building that is currently rated "able to withstand a 3.0 earthquake" in an area with 4's & 5's pretty frequently... and on path for an 8.0 in the next 30 years or so. The "plan" is a $13 Billion tunnel. Where replacing it with a 9.0-rated-viaduct-with-mondo-park-on-top would run 1.0Billion. The people in charge are upset that Boston stole the 'biggest fiasco' title with the Big Dig, so it is a game of one-upsmanship.

Under normal usage all the traffic on the various paths completely overwhelm the available routes. It is like the Motorola issue: you can't fix something _so_ broken from the larger (county/state) level if the core feels one-lane arterials with cross-streets every 120 feet is perfect. As long as the bike paths aren't hindered.

That little white artifact in the lower right is a 15,000+ foot mountain. Nearly completely obscured by haze.

The next version should have a monorail slicing across that same area, so we can at least hope they do something right.

It doesn't seem very plausible, I say hoax.
  • Reply 38 of 69
    What in the HELL are you talking about?!?!?!?!

• Reply 39 of 69
    ...incase anyone is wondering...

my monitor is an exact 16:9 ratio (or was befor i transformed it to give it the appearance of an angle)

700:1 contrast ratio

its 22" and its highest resolution is 2400x1372

400cd/m^2 brightness

.2357 mm pixel pitch

viewing is 170 degrees both vertical and horizontal

sells for $999
  • Reply 40 of 69
    Quote:

What in the HELL are you talking about?!?!?!?!

so i wasn't the only one confused?!

perhaps he was just giving randomly what he thought about something other then this thread?