• Reply 41 of 69
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    Ha, that's my background right now.
  • Reply 42 of 69
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Malokata

Ha, that's my background right now.

where did you get it...i want to see it on my monitor, see if it look good at full size
  • Reply 43 of 69
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

i can't understand why you'd run yoru display at 800x600...it seems silly to me, even 15" run at 1024x768

plain ole' silly...unless ur >60 and/or going blind

...oh yeah or if ur running VPC haha

l'm running an iBook 466SE until my dual G5 gets here... No option other than 800x600
  • Reply 44 of 69
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    http://www.eyegonomic.com/page.dsp?page=133

I saw these a while back. Kinda thought an iMac style adjustable arm maybe used with a plain aluminium frame.

The 'grill monitors' look neat but could collect alot of dust...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 45 of 69
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

http://www.eyegonomic.com/page.dsp?page=188

you know something has changed since the last time they were mentioned on these boards...

they never had a US distributer until now (I emailed them last time someone linked to them to see how much they were in the US-I just heard back from them yesterday)

"361 Marine Drive

Point Roberts, WA 98281

USA

604 585 6564

[email protected]"

I wonder if that is what ast3r3x's picture is of
  • Reply 46 of 69
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Fake, yes fake. Looks nice. I'd love that screen.

I do have to disagree withe pscates. The holes take on more than a functional role, they are too prevalent to ignore in the asthetics of the G5. The inclusion of the holes on the G5 IMO was a style choice, We may not see them the same way on future designs of the G5.
  • Reply 47 of 69
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    WHAT?!?!

I think the holes are nothing BUT functional. Yeah, I guess they give the G5 some sort of industrial-looking charm, but I'd be curious to see how quick it would take for this thing to explode or melt down without them!

I don't think you're EVER going to see a G5 (much less a G6 and beyond) without this sort of ventilation, unless advances are made in the field of chips and all that actually mean this stuff suddenly starts to run cool and putting out no heat whatsoever.

I'll cede one thing: for issues of pure "matching", I wouldn't mind if any new G5-matching displays maybe had some holes on it somewhere, strictly for cosmetics.

But NOT all over it, on every nook and cranny, like the mock-up that started this thread. That's way over the top and, as I said earlier, looks to be "trying too hard". Looks contrived and "me too".
  • Reply 48 of 69
    where can i find prices for those monitors...they look REALLY nice, haha wish i woulda bought their 15" instead of the 17" i just bought...heh, if i could afford the 15"..my 17" was only 320 (with rebate)
  • Reply 49 of 69
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

where can i find prices for those monitors...they look REALLY nice, haha wish i woulda bought their 15" instead of the 17" i just bought...heh, if i could afford the 15"..my 17" was only 320 (with rebate)

email or call them I guess...

(look up)

thats basically what I asked when I wrote them an email (a few weeks ago, the response I got was to check their website for their new US distributer)....
  • Reply 50 of 69
    my email

Quote:

Hello, first your displays are awesome looking! I was wondering the cost and where I could purchase one because I have just bought a TDV Vison F173 17" LCD for $320 (with rebate from $370) but I would probably try and resell it for your 15" or 17" if the prices are reasonable. Is there a US website to purchase from? Thanks in advance for your reply.

i will seriously resell my monitor if their 17" is cheaper or about the same

unless, haha does anyone know tigerdirect's return policy?

...well ok only if the 17" was cheaper or close in price to $360 (which i know it won't be but one could hope)
  • Reply 51 of 69
    I just sent them a rather gushing e-mail also.

Quote:

You have to pass along some U.S. pricing/availability info on these things! If Apple knew what was good for them, they'd kill their display line and just contract you guys to make their displays for them!

You've nailed it, as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutely beautiful and functional and EXACTLY what needs to be paired with the G5 and aluminum PowerBooks!

I'm VERY impressed.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Could I be any more of a spastic, starstruck schoolgirl?
  • Reply 52 of 69
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Could I be any more of a spastic, starstruck schoolgirl?

Yes, you could have asked for the lead designer's phone #.
  • Reply 53 of 69
    True. I stopped myself just short of that, I guess.

BTW, someone e-mail Jonathan Ive that URL to eyegonomic.com. He might get inspired.

• Reply 54 of 69
    Quote:

True. I stopped myself just short of that, I guess.

BTW, someone e-mail Jonathan Ive that URL to eyegonomic.com. He might get inspired.

i will...just get me his email
  • Reply 55 of 69
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Those eyegonomic monitors are very nice. I saw them online a week or so ago, quite elegant they are.

The grille for the G5 is functional, but it could have used a mesh instead of perforation, or louvres, etc. to get the same functionality. The monitor shown, as Scates said, is a "me too" rip-off, not designed around the screen or the base. Definitely not an Ives design.
  • Reply 56 of 69
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

What in the HELL are you talking about?!?!?!?!

Seattle (the desktop pic) .
  • Reply 57 of 69
    maybe subsequent G5 updates will have differently-shaped holes, like diamonds or strange polygons. that would be an easy way to visually identify it, but it would still retain the same look.
  • Reply 58 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Seattle (the desktop pic) .

heh...macdesktops.com (i wish i would have had that other desktop to put on my monitor...then EVERYONE would have thought it was the real deal )

plus i like seattle...not sure why, it just seems like a cleaner more civilized city in the US (haha beats new york)
  • Reply 59 of 69
    On a kinda-sorta related note, has anyone tracked down that cool blue blob used on the aluminum display screens? First person that e-mails it to me at a usable 1024x768 gets a cookie and a loud, public "mad props to my boy" acknowledgement here.

• Reply 60 of 69
    first person that E-Mail's me will be cooler then the person that emails pscates first