Kernal panic leads to a DEAD PB. Help!

mjemje
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I had a lovely Kernal panic last night while copying MP3s from a data disc. At least what must have been a kernal panic. White text w/ a black background (only around the text), it said very random stuff, including Darwin Kernal .... (BTW I'm running 10.2.6) so I manual powerdown and start-up. Oh crap. I hear the HD starting to spin but thats it. No tones, no screen, no blinking lights. I changed the slot the RAM was in ans restarted nada. I really don't know what to do! I tried to Zap the P-Ram, but nothing happenes at all. I don't even know if I'm doing it right. Please does anyone have ANY ideas to help get my PB back up? Anything I can do at all? I have all my discs and what not on me. Please help me get it started.

Thank you!!!!

-MJE

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    OKAY so don't really know why, but all the sudden my PB started to work and now well.. ITTSSS ALLLIIVVVVEEEEEEE! Sweet.

Thanks!

and Sorry for the post now :-)

-MJE
  • Reply 2 of 4
    We're here to serve.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    BACK UP

RIGHT NOW....

it could happen again...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    You know. In every mp3 file bad carma is encoded in the 10 hz area. You can´t hear it but caused the election of Bush, the G4 failour and now the near death of your PB. Use them with caution. Theres a reason why Apple went over to AAC.