MWNY predictions...

Comments

• Reply 61 of 114
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

That article is unchanged from three weeks ago.

Actually, they had a small update at the bottom, not sure of the date.

Quote:

Update #1 Something seems to be happening on the PowerBook front, at any rate. One reseller was told this week that his order for a number of 15in PowerBooks was cancelled by Apple, notification of which was appended with a comment that he should wait until Monday...

• Reply 62 of 114
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubit

I am with Omek, though "There'd better be an update of the PB 15" I'd be happy with a back-lit keyboard and 15.4 screen." Otherwise, I've got to skip another generation.

I really want the update too. But as the the magic 8-ball says,"Ask again later" It seems unlikely give the utter lack of credible information out there. Either Apple has got most of the world under NDAs or there is no secret to protect (as of yet.) I just don't see enough movement in the product line to justify an update. Please let me be wrong.
  • Reply 63 of 114
    After our leak from a month ago, It doesn't surprise me that we haven't heard anything. I need a PB. Soon. I am starting school in Computer sciences in 6 weeks and aside from the fact that I am at least 6 months overdue for a new comp I have other things to consider. We know apple is big in the education market and that many people are out there to buy PB's in july-august. I think we will get an update tomorrow and they will ship within the next four weeks. Then again, I may just have to run Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Final cut on the current 15
  • Reply 64 of 114
    marcsirymarcsiry Posts: 27member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rampancy

[B]I think he was referring to the extensive article on the G5 posted up by Architosh (which I'm still trying to find on their site).

Whats interesting is later in the article they predict a roadmap for 970 adoption which *begins* with the 1.8 GHz G5(970) released at MWSF 2004!

Now, some may argue that it will be nearly 2004 before most have their G5s in hand, but still... it's interesting to see how Apple beat at least some expectations after the 'letdown' of MWSF and NY of 2002.
  • Reply 65 of 114
    Since it seems Joswiak's presentation will not be webcast will someone be posting live updates?
  • Reply 66 of 114
    ariari Posts: 126member
    -
  • Reply 67 of 114
    what time is the keynote today?
  • Reply 68 of 114
    jdljdl Posts: 19member
    Quote:

Originally posted by psychobass213

what time is the keynote today?

In MWNY site says:

Greg Joswiak, Vice President of Hardware Product Marketing

Wednesday, July 16

9:30 am ? 10:30 am

So, I guess no presentation today.

jdl
  • Reply 69 of 114
    crap!
  • Reply 70 of 114
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Quote:

Originally posted by psychobass213

crap!

My thoughts exactly...
  • Reply 71 of 114
    jellyboyjellyboy Posts: 14member
    awww noo... not today... not to Gil.... awww geez...
  • Reply 72 of 114
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sopphode

Why wouldn't such a big announcement be displayed at the front page

Maybe it won't be such a big announcement.
  • Reply 73 of 114
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Since it seems Joswiak's presentation will not be webcast will someone be posting live updates?

with any luck I will be there.... and if I can find a suitable power outlet I will be posting live updates to the AI chatroom like I did for the WWDC keynote at the SoHo store...
  • Reply 74 of 114
    tidristidris Posts: 214member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Panther Preview

Further G5 demo's

Mail 2.0

DVD Studio pro 2.0

Powerbook and iMac speed bumps - move to MPC7457.

iBooks nothing.

Apple announces that it has accumulated a 6 month backlog in dual 2GHz G5 orders, and as result it doubles the price of the dual G5 effective immediately. The price will be reduced back to normal when the backlog dissipates.

Apple announces that due to an extremely low number of orders for 1.6GHz G5 machines the product will be discontinued before it even starts shipping. This will allow shifting additional manufacturing capacity to the dual 2GHz G5 machine.

• Reply 75 of 114
    What would happen to all the rumour sites though if/when a 15" Albook is introduced? I mean what would they talk about. This 15" stuff has been a real boon the the rumour comunity!
  • Reply 76 of 114
    jdljdl Posts: 19member
    Officially the MWNY has already started.

Does anyone been there that could possible tell us if any kind of hardware/software will updated or released?

Any leaks?

jdl
  • Reply 77 of 114
    But the expo doesn't start until weds. I guess we just have to wait a little bit longer.
  • Reply 78 of 114
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by musicaltone

What would happen to all the rumour sites though if/when a 15" Albook is introduced? I mean what would they talk about. This 15" stuff has been a real boon the the rumour comunity!

biggest boon of the last 2 years was and is the G5, but there is still a lot left:

- ibookIII... and will it have a 14.1" screen or a 13.3", 14.1", 15.4"widescreen...

- cinema displays

- xserve G5

- imacII update (G4/7457)

- imacII G5

- pb12" and pb17"revB (G4/7457)

- pb12" pb15" and pb17" G5

- ipod IV

- powermac G5 revB

- powermac minitower/cube II

- tablet mac

- the 20th anniversary mac.

probally i forgot something, but this is what i can think of right now

[edit]

and offcourse i forgot to add my prediction or expectations for mwny 2003:

and that's zero... no new hardware

(if i'm wrong, so be it, i don't know jack and i won't promise to do something to myself like JYD did)
  • Reply 79 of 114
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I predict the long-awaited release of iPrOn 1.0, a major functional component of iSight / iChat!
  • Reply 80 of 114
    Quote:

Originally posted by musicaltone

I was thinking about this. Once I get my new PB I can actually go back to doing useful work instead of scanning the rumor sights.