Supplier tell me G5 in stock tomorrow

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Swear to god, I just got a mail from my supplier saying there quoted date for recieiving G5's is tomorrow!! Only 1.6 and 1.8 for now but Dual 2's in 10 days time.

I mailed back to make sure and he confirmed...and I'm in the UK!

I know the ship dates can slip and are sometimes fiction but given Apple stated August and meant September it's wierd that my supplier has just been told it's changed to tomorrow....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 83
    Sorry. But...uhh...no.
  • Reply 2 of 83
    There's also a tidbit about Power Mac G5s shipping on MacNN's front page! Maybe we've all become accustomed to "August" meaning "September" in Motorola parlance, whereas it means "July" in IBM speak (just like 1.4 to 1.8 GHz mean 1.6 to 2.0 GHz). I'm certainly not complaining!
  • Reply 3 of 83
    robsterrobster Posts: 256member
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

There's also a tidbit about Power Mac G5s shipping on MacNN's front page! Maybe we've all become accustomed to "August" meaning "September" in Motorola parlance, whereas it means "July" in IBM speak (just like 1.4 to 1.8 GHz mean 1.6 to 2.0 GHz). I'm certainly not complaining!

Me either...

The link to macnn is here: G5 Shipments

This would seem to suggest there already shipping in the US!!

Albeit the wrong boxes....

Still a confirmed G5 shipment is good.

I'll post here tomorrow if they do come in, gott persuade my boss to let me get one....
  • Reply 4 of 83
    Quote:

Originally posted by Silverlode

Sorry. But...uhh...no.

Do you have a basis for that no or is it just a 'Junior Member' comment?
  • Reply 5 of 83
    Total Junior Member comment. Guess we're second class citizens around here.

Let me rephrase:

While I would like nothing more than to believe you, every experience I've had with Apple's stated and actual shipping dates prevents me from doing so.
  • Reply 6 of 83
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Maybe we've all become accustomed to "August" meaning "September" in Motorola parlance, whereas it means "July" in IBM speak

Heh, I like that - I'm going to use it as a sig in DSLR.

I thought Steve said "August", meaning as usual that they would ship one machine to Genentech at 11:59 PM PDT on August 31, and all the others in October...

My G5 dualie has said September 2 since I placed the order.
  • Reply 7 of 83
    Quote:

Originally posted by Silverlode

Total Junior Member comment. Guess we're second class citizens around here.

Let me rephrase:

While I would like nothing more than to believe you, every experience I've had with Apple's stated and actual shipping dates prevents me from doing so.

Fair comment!

I was kinda ragging you anyway...just remember you come across as a more sane/balanced person if you qualify your comments before some freak like me jumps on you and rages

Your qualification justifies your comment totally. Apple does usually lie blatantly about shipping. I'm hoping that a lot of delays were caused in the recent past by Moto's production issues and development speed. IBM seems to be a very different kettle of fish and gives hope for some deliverance of promises.
  • Reply 8 of 83
    mrsparklemrsparkle Posts: 120member
    From what I've been reading it's developers who are receiving the machines.
  • Reply 9 of 83
    Hopefully this is true (as the reports from the US- via. MacNN suggest it might be). I wonder if the Apple Education (I can get a discount 'cos I work at a University) supply lines are going to fill soon too...
  • Reply 10 of 83
    MrSparkle: where have you been reading that?
  • Reply 11 of 83
    mrsparklemrsparkle Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AngryAngel

MrSparkle: where have you been reading that?

Honestly, I don't remember. There are articles about it this over the place, but I happened to see one that mentioned it was "Select" and "Premiere" Developers who were receiving them. It was just a bit more information that the other sites weren't giving, and it kind of makes sense to me that they want to get the machines in the hands of these developers first.
  • Reply 12 of 83
    Macnn have axed the story of shipping mix-ups with G5's....

Maybe it was just a troll in the Apple.com Support forums...
  • Reply 13 of 83
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Quote:

Originally posted by robster

Swear to god, I just got a mail from my supplier saying there quoted date for recieiving G5's is tomorrow!! Only 1.6 and 1.8 for now but Dual 2's in 10 days time.

I mailed back to make sure and he confirmed...and I'm in the UK!

I know the ship dates can slip and are sometimes fiction but given Apple stated August and meant September it's wierd that my supplier has just been told it's changed to tomorrow....

Any chance you can tell me which reseller?
  • Reply 14 of 83
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    guess he was wrong...unless ur a liar, u arn't a liar are you?

haha just playing man
  • Reply 15 of 83
    hawkmanhawkman Posts: 26member
    I just checked my G5 order status and it has moved from 09/02/03 to 08/29/03---someone must have reviewed the keynote video and realized that steve said August.
  • Reply 16 of 83
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    well thats certainly good news, every day counts
  • Reply 17 of 83
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hawkman

I just checked my G5 order status and it has moved from 09/02/03 to 08/29/03---someone must have reviewed the keynote video and realized that steve said August.

Which model?
  • Reply 18 of 83
    hawkmanhawkman Posts: 26member
    PURCHASE INFORMATION

ORDER

Part Number: Z07K

Product Name: Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHz

Options:

065-4227 Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5

065-4356 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x256

065-4376 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

065-4167 Combo Drive (CD-RW/DVD-ROM)

065-4288 ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

065-4166 56k V.92 internal modem

065-4292 Bluetooth Module

065-4161 Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English

065-4160 Mac OS X - U.S. English

065-4159 Accessory kit

Unit Price: $3,149.00

Quantity: 1

Net Price: $3,149.00

Estimated time to ship: August
  • Reply 19 of 83
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Cool. Some people were talking about the Duals not shipping until later (i.e., after August). I guess if they are moving your estimated ship date up, someone thinks that isn't the case.
  • Reply 20 of 83
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    My dual is now:

On or before

08/29/2003