iPod of photos?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was reading the New York Times (May 23 Circuts) and saw this device: Nixvue Vista. Available in capacities of up to 30GB, it holds JPEG images for viewing on it's 1.8in color TFT screen. It's got a rechargable LiIon battery, but its only USB. It looks like Nixvue beat Apple to the punch, unless they can one-up it. I think Firewire and the wheel UI just might do it.

<a href="http://www.nixvue.com"; target="_blank">http://www.nixvue.com</a>;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Uhhh that can't even take pictures. Pointless.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    that is where the iCam would come in.....
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong>that is where the iCam would come in.....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, if the iCam is a webcam/videoconferencing thing, then no, it wouldn't be useful with the iCam.

If the iCam is a digital camera, then it will most likely include a hard drive just like the iPod, and there will be no need for 5-10-20GB + another 30GB... just go unload your pictures. Damn.. even 5 or 10GB of still pictures is really just insane. This "nixvue vista" thing is only USB, as well.. there is NOONE who wants to transfer 30GB of photos over USB, if it were even possible. Even if it were FireWire... why would you have 30, 40, 50GB of photos (iCam + iPictureHolderThingLikeNixvueVista) before you unload them to your computer? Not even all of Apple's computers *have* that much hard drive space! Plus, why would they want you to buy this little device, when you could just buy a nice laptop from them instead, to use with your iCam?

If the iCam is a digital video camera, then it will definitely come with a hard drive with copious amounts of space, or multiple hard drives, and even then a consumer will have to work a bit to fill up what could be 10, 20, 40, or who knows, 60GB of space, or even more if they go with larger laptop-size drives. But it would be good. However, this "vista" thing can only view/hold/use JPEG images.. so that isn't even applicable. Though Apple could do that.

Apple should build this space in to the iCam. Why should I carry/shuffle around an iCam and an iPictureHolderHD thing? So unelegant. And expensive.

It would be one thing if iPods and iCams could interface, but I think you're way off if you really believe Apple would release a separate product from the iCam just to hold the pictures, like this.