Scary Signage!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Driving through the countryside on my way to the aforementioned motorcyle rodeo, I saw a sign in front of a church, "Kid's Krusade". Still chills me with images of the Childrens' Crusade from the History books. Another scary sign I saw was a Billboard for "Morning Star Fellowship" a supposed Christian church, wasn't Lucifer the "Morningstar"?

Anyone else see signs up that have been disturbing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Driving through the countryside on my way to the aforementioned motorcyle rodeo, I saw a sign in front of a church, "Kid's Krusade". Still chills me with images of the Childrens' Crusade from the History books. Another scary sign I saw was a Billboard for "Morning Star Fellowship" a supposed Christian church, wasn't Lucifer the "Morningstar"?

Anyone else see signs up that have been disturbing?

What's even more scary is what the so called "peace loving muslims" did to those 100,000 children.

( who carried no weapons on their visionary " pilgramage " to Jerusalem,..not a real crusade )

Most were either killed, raped or sold into slavery...

Any lessons here about Islam ?\
  • Reply 2 of 23
    It disturbs me that someone can post something like that and not even be self-aware enough to realise how offensive it is.

The fact that you're railing against a supposed liberal myth of "so-called" peace loving muslims just makes it sadder.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Yes, find out who your kid's friends are and if they are going on a pilgramage make sure they're armed.

Seriously though, weren't there 2 so called "Childrens' Crusades"? One was led by an adolescent boy with visions of God. The other I want to say was started by the church. Both came to a bad end for the children.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

It disturbs me that someone can post something like that and not even be self-aware enough to realise how offensive it is.

It's not offensive..It's FACT..read your history Fox !

You might want to dress it up as "muslim liberation ", but it doesn't cut with the reality that was recorded by both Christians & Muslims...

LiquidR Yes your correct,

Two " childrens' crusades ", leading to two unmitigated massacres of the innocents....

And still we have apologists for islam.....? Sheeeeyiit...
  • Reply 5 of 23
    http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/children.html has some slightly more factual information on the children's crusades.

May I suggest that *you* do some reading of history books if you believe that the buying and selling of slaves (children or otherwise) was confined to those of the islamic faith.

And more specifically...

Quote:

There were two Children's Crusades which started simultaneously in 1212, one from the Rhineland, the other in the Loire valley. A ten year old boy, Nicholas, preached the Children's Crusade at Cologne and is said to have recruited more than 20,000 children to his cause. When the pilgrims reached Italy, many of the girls were taken into brothels and others were taken as servants. Those boys who eventually carried on to the east were sold as slaves.

• Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/children.html has some slightly more factual information on the children's crusades.

May I suggest that *you* do some reading of history books if you believe that the buying and selling of slaves (children or otherwise) was confined to those of the islamic faith.

I was there
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Islam scares and fascinates me. The whole religion is growing astronomically, and a whole lot of them are mad as hell at the world. The whole Abrahamic departure is something I'd like to know more about. I'm sometimes envious of their zealouscism, while afraid. It's sad to think that once the Arabic world was once held as a bastion of learning and knowledge.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Islam scares and fascinates me. The whole religion is growing astronomically.....

That is what thhey'd like you to believe ...

Actually there are 2 christians to every 1 muslim...

Christianity IS the biggest growing faith..period...
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Ooops double clicked again...
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Especially South America, Asia & Africa
  • Reply 11 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I used to leave near a place called...

Hemlock Daycare Center
  • Reply 12 of 23
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

The fact that you're railing against a supposed liberal myth of "so-called" peace loving muslims just makes it sadder.

This is not a cut and dry issue. The last time I checked, there weren't any extreme Christian Sects that had the goal of destroying Western Civilization, using the method of murdering innocent men, woman and children to achieve it. While not all of Islam this way, or even most, there is a definitie and substantial movement within it. Worse, the Wahabi Sect is popular with young impressionable (and destitute) muslim men. It is being actively promoted by certain governments. There are hundreds, if not thousands of schools that preach the destruction of the Great Satan...The United States.

And yet worse, there is a serious lack of of condemnation of Islamic extremism by mainstream, visible and respected Muslime leaders, both in this country and abroad. Where are the scores of Islamic leaders? Where is our beloved "Nation of Isalm" leader?
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

This is not a cut and dry issue ... blah, blah, blah, ... not all of Islam this way, or even most, there is a definitie and substantial movement within it ... the Wahabi Sect is popular with young impressionable (and destitute) muslim men ... actively promoted by certain governments

And the fate of those who took part in the children's crusade is linked to this how?

You point out yourself that it is only a minority commiting terrorist acts so why support someone flinging unsubstantiated slurs at everyone who has ever chosen to follow islam in the last 1,000 years, when you wouldn't stand for someone doing the same thing to Christians (or Republicans) for example.

It's small-minded, ill-informed bigotry of the worst kind, and I feel you should register that as a fact before getting into detailed examinations of the current mid-east situation.

To move on to your own point, I don't know about 'destroying Western Civilisation' but if you need me to provide you with a list of non-muslim terrorists "using the method of murdering innocent men, woman and children" then you're obviously not even trying to be rational about this. And I'm not just talking about American's like Timothy McVeigh or British and Irish terrorists but people of all colors and races.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

For example: it is well known that there is no division between religion and state in Islam as there is in Christianity.

EXCUSE ME???

This wasn't true until oh... 1776?

And, having lived in Salt Lake City for 18 hellish months, I can assure you that there are places right here in the good ol' U S of A where the distinction between church and state is meaningless.

Using city police to write down license plates of cars visiting a drive-thru espresso stand, to check against DMV records, so that the church can 'follow up' with 'lapsed members' isn't my idea of separation.

Nor is being hung up on by a 911 operator when she finds out the two men you're trying to turn in for being peeping toms on your girlfriend are missionaries "Sir, stop harrassing them and let them do their job."

That was the day I decided to move far away from that insanity.

And let's not even get started on 'In God We Trust' or, '... one nation, under God...'

We have a tenuous separation at the best of times.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Sorry, I fail to see the difference between what you describe as the conformance drive in an autocracy and, oh, say, McCarthyism in the 50's here.

I think we're just now starting to wake up from such insanity, but it's still a powerful force in society. "Be a patriot!" "If you're not with us, you're against us!" "But *everyone* is wearing it this fall!!"

Pressure to conform is in every society, of every stripe, government form, religion, and nature.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    originally posted by aquafire

Quote:

That is what thhey'd like you to believe ...

Actually there are 2 christians to every 1 muslim...

Christianity IS the biggest growing faith..period...

Sorry aquafire, I'll have to disagree. Everything I've seen, and these are secular and respected print outlets have the growth of Islam outpacing everything else. Of course Christianity is still the largest and will be for a long time, but a time will come where Muslims outnumber Christians. And being a Christian in a society reviled by radical Islamists I am alarmed.

My sources come from before this rampant fearmongering, circa 1991.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Okay, the western world has not been completly secular. I for one support secular government, it is alot more sane than a theocracy. But if you look at history the difference between the rest of the world (Europe,the Americas, and East Asia) and the Arab states is that governmental and commericial bodies were able to amass enough wealth(power) to counter the influence of the papacy and there were no outside threats to the national identies of these states. In the Arab world currently there is no significant commercial body, the only people with significant wealth is the governmental bodies, which are heavily steeped in Islamic culture, they are also in a losing cultural battle against the commecial culture of the West. So they lash out.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I never said that the Muslims wanted what we have. I stated that they are losing a cultural war against the western commericial culture. That is what has got them hyped up. Yes, i am alarmed by a few nutters, that is all it takes to monkey something up. Especially when their governments won't or can't reign them in. What I'd like to see is a better distribution of wealth among the Muslim people and an increase in their infrastructure. I'd like to see them competetive in the global community both culturally and commercially. My question is, how do you accomplish this w/out wiping out their identity? How do you build them a commercial infrastructure that is not solely dependent on oil? How do get the sane and educate Arabs to wrest influence away from fear mongering fund. Islamists and form a stable secular gov. that respects Islam but keeps it out of it's policy making?

BTW. I do not consider myself on of the Sheeple of my nation, I do inherently distrust much of what they do, but hope for the best for our nation in my gov. actions. My opinion of European gov. is not great, they left a real mess with their colonial expansion and ill-prepared withdrawals.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

re Liquid's prior post worrying about radicals: their really aren't very many of them. Minimal numbers in the extreme. I mean actual hardcore hotheads......

Stop worrying about a few misguided nutters who will never have control.

Hmm...as I recall, there were only about 15 hotheads that killed over 3000 people...

Also, history shows us, It really doesn't take that many " misguided nutters "...to derail many societies..particularly if those societies are suffering massive unemployement, or see their resources disproportionately shared amongst a rich elite.

Hitler had just a handful of thugs to start off with...

So did Stalin...
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

But I think your point is a good one although I would question whether they ARE losing. As you imply many in the West are increasingly suspicious of their governments and this will get worse as they cock things up more.

Rightly or wrongly, Islam posits an answer to many of the issues people are increasingly concerned about so that is why it will continue to grow. It's not just that it provides a certainty but that it addresses such things as GM (illegal in Islam), child vaccinations (ditto), food additives, iniquitous interest rates and on...basically the areas that Christianity has vacated and not addressed leaving them to the politicians (mistake) and focussing instead on the 'spiritual'.

The position of Islam in the currently western/secular world is one of reaction to an external stimulus that it is unable to either fully understand or accomodate.

Early industrial England produced a socio-poilitical upheaval known as the Luddites. Their reactionary position eventually led to the Fabians & the Labor party..so some good came out of all the dislocation & disruption.

I think that you are wrong in suggesting that Christian society has vacated these issues...Many of these issues are being "pushed" by christian pressure groups even as we speak.

Have you heard of Liberation Theology..? That is Catholic political activity in Sth America..giving education & land to the poor.

Islam's appeal is the bite size grabs of reality..

It hasn't got a policy for ecological issues, women's rights are recognised..yes..but they're rights are diminished or obliterated by Sharia law..

So how many women have christians stoned to death lately.?

You might like to read Arnold Toynebee's " A study of History " his work is almost prophetic in regard to these matters...