Are these the new cinema displays?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chef ramen noodle

maybe subsequent G5 updates will have differently-shaped holes, like diamonds or strange polygons. that would be an easy way to visually identify it, but it would still retain the same look.

Captain Obvious might suggest the only logical shape change from round is the apple logo

imagine a mini-apple mesh

edit: meh. vB not support apple symbol in textfield
  • Reply 62 of 69
    "Confirmed" fake:

Link

"Här är en 3dmodell jag gjorde för att jag tycker G5án passar så dåligt med nuvarande skärmar....den heter AppleVision av rent nostalgiska skäl....och går att justera i alla vinklar." -->

"Here is a 3D model I made, since I think that the G5 doesnt fit quite well with the present displays... It's called AppleVision due to (Dont know what that word is called in english) reasons... And is adjustable in all angles."
  • Reply 63 of 69
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    I think the g5 ad they showing on CNBC ends new screen speculation cause it has a regular cinema display in it.

go check it out at macbytes.com
  • Reply 64 of 69
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    they'll anounce new displays (if they truly are coming) closer to the shipping dates of the G5.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

they'll anounce new displays (if they truly are coming) closer to the shipping dates of the G5.

But they aren't coming so that won't happen.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

"Confirmed" fake:

Link

"H r en 3dmodell jag gjorde fr att jag tycker G5n passar s dligt med nuvarande skrmar....den heter AppleVision av rent nostalgiska skl....och gr att justera i alla vinklar." -->

"Here is a 3D model I made, since I think that the G5 doesnt fit quite well with the present displays... It's called AppleVision due to (Dont know what that word is called in english) reasons... And is adjustable in all angles."

Mustering context and my utterly nonexisting command of whatever that language is: "It's called AppleVision for nostalgic reasons." In other words, he's reviving an old product name for auld lang syne.

As far as monitor design goes, it's worth remembering that Ives arrived at the G5 design by paring it down to just about the minimum possible number of parts. He even abstracted the ventilation holes away into a mesh.

It seems to me that any monitor Apple summons to compliment this thing will be similarly minimalist from an industrial design perspective: Hardly any visible (or existant) seams or screws. One big sheet of whatever (aluminum?) accounting for 80% or 90% of the case, and the rest wrapped as elegantly as possible. If the monitor doesn't need ventilation, there'll be no mesh.

Interestingly, now that Apple has two completely different designs for PowerMacs, there's no longer a single obvious reference for monitor design. Unless Apple intends to split the line, their monitors will have to be able to accompany both the G4 and the G5 - although it wouldn't surprise me at all if Apple favors the G5.
  • Reply 67 of 69
  • Reply 68 of 69
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
  • Reply 69 of 69
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member

Sorry