Apple Has G5 Commerical

coscos
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here is is:

http://homepage.mac.com/freg3000/.Movies/G5.mp4

I'm not sure I get it.

I mean, yes I get it (kindof) I think they're trying to say that its so fast it blew the guy away...

However, after seeing the ad a few more times, I kindof get the feeling that the guy was blown away by the 9 fans that the machine incorporates. Oh well, its nice to see Apple featuring product in their commericals again.

On a side note, anyone notice that the display is the current 23" HD cinema display? Maybe there wont be new displays after all... \

Secondly, the keyboard appears to be the new eMac keyboard. 8)

Thirdly, they strategically move the camera in such a way so that you can 't see a mouse. Could that mean something? Hmmmm... The plot thickens.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Already a thread about this in GD

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=27811

And aren't there nine fans in the G5?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    coscos Posts: 99member
    I just noticed something...

If you scroll through the video file very slowly at the end, you can see the camera and lighting crew reflecting in the bottom part of the display's frame.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

Thirdly, they strategically move the camera in such a way so that you can 't see a mouse. Could that mean something? Hmmmm... The plot thickens.

You'll also notice that there are no cords of any kind...

...including power and video cords.

I agree, the message isn't very clear. It should have ended with a trite little phrase like: "It'll blow you away."

..or: "It'll destroy your house and snap your back against an oak tree, leaving you a paralyzed, quivering lump of human flesh begging your loved ones to pull the plug and end your torment."

...You know, something catchy.

-DCQ
  • Reply 4 of 13
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    It made sense to me. I saw it for the first time on MTV tonight while watching Tom Green. It caught my attention before I knew it was an Apple ad, so it gets an A in my book
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Yeah....

pretty obvious to me too!

althuogh I wouldn't have both stressed FASTEST and MOST POWERFUL like that....

but hey, I don't own a big company :-D

cool add
  • Reply 6 of 13
    howyoudoinhowyoudoin Posts: 118member
    About not seeing the mouse, if you notice when the guy hits the tree he is holding the emac mouse.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cory Bauer

It caught my attention before I knew it was an Apple ad

Did the same for me, and I am notoriously hard to rouse. If something can even momentarily crack my hard shell of disinterest, it must be ok.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    I like how there's the "Motorola also forecast Q3..." stuff on the MSNBC ticker at the bottom of the page right before the ad starts
  • Reply 9 of 13
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

It made sense to me. I saw it for the first time on MTV tonight while watching Tom Green. It caught my attention before I knew it was an Apple ad, so it gets an A in my book

good point.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

About not seeing the mouse, if you notice when the guy hits the tree he is holding the emac mouse.

nice catch.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Still looks like the same crap keyboard to me. \

Well, I guess the 3rd parties will continue to stay in the keyboard/mouse business.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

And I'm sure MTV-watchers are just the type of well-educated, money-loaded buyers Apple is hoping to attract.

Can somebody please tell me who is running Apple marketing? I just don't see the point in this ad. I half expected it to be a half-eaten poptart or something equally inane on that desk. Very first-year ad-school; not at all inventive like the AlBook or iPod commercials have been.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Please use the thread in GD. Thanks.