Where's Kasper?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just wondering where Kasper is as the main page hasn't been updated since June 25th?

I'd like to know what his friends in the cantina can tell us about the other products (PB, Displays etc) that were mentioned in the cantina discussion but never arrived at wwdc...

Like everyone else on the planet, I'm waiting for the new 15" PB, but I am also on the verge of buying dual flatscreens and am favouring the LaCie models... so it would be really good to know about these new Apple 'adjustable displays' before ordering.

Hope Kasper's OK!

Grizzly

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Didn't (s)he used to post in the forums too? The name definitely rings several bells (and rather loudly, I might add).
  • Reply 2 of 8
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    If you look at the archive, AppleInsider's update schedule is sporadic enough that I wouldn't start worrying yet.

AI will update when they have something to update, don't worry.

As for Kasper being on the boards: I've hardly ever seen him. Unless he's been posting under an alias (or in threads I don't look at ), he posts maybe once a year or less.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

As for Kasper being on the boards: I've hardly ever seen him. Unless he's been posting under an alias (or in threads I don't look at ), he posts maybe once a year or less.

Really? I must be thinking of a different board then.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Kasper was the original Moderator/Admin of AppleInsider back in late 1998, early 1999. Eventually, he faded away. He has not been back to the boards as far as I know, despite the work on the front page.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    probably "gave up the ghost" or something.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Kasper posted briefly before WWDC to explain why the reports were so, shall we say, coy. (Answer: the fend off Apple legal as best as possible my mixing the ludicrous with the actual.) Generally doesn't post though.

I prefer it this way. Except for Nick de Plume, most who write up rumors impair their credibility by posting too much. By posting only with good info, it (potentially) lends Kasper more credibility.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

most who write up rumors impair their credibility by posting too much.

Like MacWhispers' Jack Campbell with 3000-or-so posts on SpyMac?

Escher
  • Reply 8 of 8
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Like MacWhispers' Jack Campbell with 3000-or-so posts on SpyMac?

Ugh, that guy loves hearing himself talk.