What will be announced at Mac Expo Paris?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, now that MacWorld Creative Expo is over, onward and upward. The next major Apple keynote presentation is two months from today, on Tuesday, September 16th. What will be announced there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Has Apple ever released anything at the Paris show?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Don't forget that Apple can convene an Apple Event in Cupertino, give the press a week's notice, and expect a packed house and good coverage.

I'm not expecting anything particularly memorable at Paris. The G5s will be shipping by then, which will be good news but hardly surprising. It's close enough to Q4 that they might announce a 7457-based product upgrade. And, of course, there'll be a run through a significantly more polished version of Panther.

I'm expecting summer (which ends Sept 21, officially) to be pretty quiet on the Apple front. This fall, and MWSF, look to be pretty crazy. (This is, of course, pure speculation on my part.)
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Key lime iBooks!

Oh, and OS X Public Beta.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

iBook updates, Powerbook updates, Mac OS X public beta, iMovie 2, all this from the 2000 show as I recall. 2001 was cancelled due to 9/11 threats. 2002 was mostly Jaguar.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Mac OS 9 (in '99)? Not sure.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I think we'll see updates on iBooks and PB's but no new product. Don't forget, Paris will be the first time European consumers officially see the G5, Panther and other recently released iApps (other then special Apple get-togethers with their partners there).

Bon jour.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Don't forget, Paris will be the first time European consumers officially see the G5, Panther...

Bon jour.

eeek, wrong!

The Powermac G5 was presented to the european consumers two days after the WWDC keynote by Apple Germany at MacExpo germany.

I must say the Powermac G5 looks far more impressive in reality than I thought after seeing the pictures.

You can see the powermac G5 just left from the big screen.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I think we'll see updates on iBooks and PB's but no new product. Don't forget, Paris will be the first time European consumers officially see the G5, Panther and other recently released iApps (other then special Apple get-togethers with their partners there).

Bon jour.

Soooo wrong.....

The G5 will be on sale for about 2 weeks in Europe .
  • Reply 9 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by salty chips

Soooo wrong.....

The G5 will be on sale for about 2 weeks in Europe .

It'll stop afterwards?

• Reply 10 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'd like to think that a 15" PowerBook will be announced, but hell...

It might NEVER come, now that I think about it!

I figure some standard iApp updates/revs?

Any chance whatsoever that Panther will be ready to go by then? I don't know. Not sure how long this stuff takes.

Perhaps some sort of new DLD/iGadget? What it could be, I have no idea.